• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer update III: SNE region's 4 primary climo sites all remain solidly above normal as of the closing of July 14.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Jerry and many other have recently said, what a summer this has been, and it shows no signs of stopping. If you enjoy being outside and being active, sitting by the lake, tubing, bodysurfing, playing a little cornhole or horseshoes, creamsicle watching.........then this has been your year.

For those of us that love the oven, we are blessed with 3 days of fire, then back to the weather everyone loves, just above normal sunny days.

Myself, and family already have a ton of memories stashed away over the last couple months..........plenty more on the way!

1.21 inches of rain yesterday!

One day the source regions in canada for these cool fronts will actually be born outta near normal or (horror) below normal temps. In the mean time the weather pukes on for the cp of sne

90/70 or higher is completely useless and unhealthy. It does nothing but make people angry, sick, and exhausted.

Joe, it has been fantastic, albeit boring

We really need more rain here. I only got 0.15" yesterday

You live in sne in the summer........what are you expecting lol, if you want excitement move 10 miles inland west of MYR, tremendous seabreeze tstorms with prolific lightning almost daily, I enjoy sitting on the beach and watching them pop up just west of the sand and make there steady march inland.

I'm sure the health professionals would agree. General outdoor activity in those temps is dangerous if you don't take precautions.

LOL LOL LOL so your saying 50% of the country is living in danger 4 months out of the year, I never had an issue living in it for 20+ years LOL, you are an absolute trip Scooter.

LOL LOL LOL so your saying 50% of the country is living in danger 4 months out of the year, I never had an issue living in it for 20+ years LOL, you are an absolute trip Scooter.

Well obviously not in danger if you aren't doing strenuous work. But I've done it in this heat and have seen people go down in hot weather. It's made for people like yourself who pull up to the jobsite in an airconditioned pick up and direct the Brazilians to spread mulch....then go back in the nice cool truck and go to the coffee shop to get an iced latte...and then go to the local deli for a nice sandwich. Perhaps maybe mow a few yards on one of those stand up mowers where you do not need to push anything.

Point is, unless you have a pool, ocean, lake, etc within 100' of your house...90/70 and higher is useless. Things are slower to get done and productivity is less.

Thats your opinion.......many people like it, including myself and I would imagine if you took a poll in this country what would you rather have 90/70 or 22/2, 90/70 would win and a Landslide, not even close.

Thats your opinion.......many people like it, including myself and I would imagine if you took a poll in this country what would you rather have 90/70 or 22/2, 90/70 would win and a Landslide, not even close.

Who's arguing that? Poll people if they want 90/70 or 80/50. That's a no brainer.

Thats the beauty of this summer..........many days warm with low humidity, then a 3 day stretch like this, a little something for everyone to make everybody happy, but there is no arguing that for people who love to live life get out and enjoy it this has been a banner summer.

From the CDC:

People suffer heat-related illness when their bodies are unable to compensate and properly cool themselves. Temperatures above 80 F, along with high humidity levels, exacerbate these dangers. Historically, from 1979-2003, heat exposure caused 8,015 deaths in the United States. During this period, more people in this country died from heat related illnesses than from hurricanes, lightning, tornadoes, floods, and earthquakes combined.

This is nothing to LOL about.

WTFC? You like it warm with no humidity, I like it hot and humid.......whats the big deal and why do you fooking care what I like? Its weird.

I don't know what you mean by this sentence. You said poll people with 90/70 or 20/2 which made no sense at all. I didn't say there was a right or wrong answer...just saying what the general people like.

Archived