• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Summer update III: SNE region's 4 primary climo sites all remain solidly above normal as of the closing of July 14.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening CLI high temps for the day...

BOS 97

BDL 96

PVD 95

ORH 92

BDR 93

Not sure if anyone here topped those numbers after 5pm.

MET was closest today but still overdone at least for BOS. Respectable heat day but only tying for hottest of the year so far. Will we exceed this summer or is this it?

Not done either!, what a week coming up! I did have to check in last week and yesterday but briefly. Back to full but lots o summer left with plenty of time to play with.

Absolutely, I would imagine you would agree the lake or beach might be best in september, water is warmest and temps are just fine, even into first couple weeks of October, we have only just begun........

***no people either!!****

84/67 - with a sw breeze. Down from an earlier high of 88.

Still amazed at how comfortably warm the ocean waters are for swimming. Can't remember waters in mid-July ever feeling this warm.

Most of the positive anamolies are centered near NE, the gulf of Maine is especially warm. However the warm water is not that deep. Some strong cool NW winds will mix it out eventually before Kevs Cat 3 rides up. OHI is meager from NC north.

Looks like the 96-98 worked out. Just wasn't enough for that 100.

My 96F was 1F too cool for BOS...but it was kind of obvious it wouldn't hit 100F. I'm more surprised at the 92F at ORH...this wasn't a typically good setup for them to get much warmer than 90-91F.

My 96F was 1F too cool for BOS...but it was kind of obvious it wouldn't hit 100F. I'm more surprised at the 92F at ORH...this wasn't a typically good setup for them to get much warmer than 90-91F.

I think that elevated warm plume really spiked them. I figured 96 or 97 was most likely for BOS, so your thought was spot on imo. If anything, that strong of a wind direction sometimes doesn't really spike them as well as it did. The 100 just didn't seem right.

Archived