joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Storm Disco (Dec 18th & 19th)

WeatherNC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's OVER folks :thumbsdown: You'll not see this baby come back, Euro didn't come back today, then 18z GFS followed suit just like it suppose too. That imo put the final nail in the coffin (atleast for me) Now there is a slim chance it may glance the coast But I really doubt that. Now i'm ready to :cry:

Now I hope it shows me wrong and that I really don't know nothing (which I really don't) and we get dumped on !

It's OVER folks :thumbsdown: You'll not see this baby come back, Euro didn't come back today, then 18z GFS followed suit just like it suppose too. That imo put the final nail in the coffin (atleast for me) Now there is a slim chance it may glance the coast But I really doubt that. Now i'm ready to :cry:

:banned:

Now I hope it shows me wrong and that I really don't know nothing (which I really don't) and we get dumped on !

Step away from the ledge, Frosty! arrowheadsmiley.png

This run of the nam is the best one it had all day. northern stream needs to get here about 12 hours quicker, or southern stream slow down. Getting closer to a phase in the right spot IMO. MBY gets 1-2 off this run. Also surface reflection at 84 should look more wetter futher west than the picture it;s painting by looking at placement of ntorthern stream feature digging into N GA at hour 84.

nam_500_084s.gif

If the 0z GFS and GGEM trend towards the 12z ECMWF, and the 0z EC has continuity with its 12z solution, you can pretty much stick a fork in this event as it is done, <10% chance for even the favored areas of NE NC and SE VA...

when tngts tmro's system gets to the ocean,then the trough sharpens pulling that surface low a little further west on satngt.......Most big lows going up the coast trend west with time.............i would not be suprise to to see the pcp backing over the triangle of nc and putting down desent snows............sharp cut-off to the pcp field.........greensboro overcast and raleigh with mod sn..........interesting to watch unfold

xwx

when tngts tmro's system gets to the ocean,then the trough sharpens pulling that surface low a little further west on satngt.......Most big lows going up the coast trend west with time.............i would not be suprise to to see the pcp backing over the triangle of nc and putting down desent snows............sharp cut-off to the pcp field.........greensboro overcast and raleigh with mod sn..........interesting to watch unfold

xwx

Why do I have an odd feeling this system could end up being like the bigger one towards the beginning of this year? :]

Not sure if anyone saw this in all the craziness, but this out of BMX at 6:45 tonight.

BY FRIDAY...MORE SIGNIFICANT SHORTWAVE WILL BE MOVING INTO THE

PLAINS...FORCING A GULF LOW TO DEVELOP. THIS IS WHERE THE FUN

BEGINS. MODELS ARE HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME IN DETERMINING THE EXTENT

OF THE COLD AIR THAT THE LOW WILL BRING INTO THE AREA FRIDAY

NIGHT/SATURDAY MORNING...AS WELL AS THE AMOUNTS. THE PREVIOUS

FORECAST WAS MUCH WARMER AND PROFILES SUPPORTED JUST RAIN ACROSS THE

NORTHERN HALF OF THE AREA. THE LATEST MODELS ARE NOW INDICATING AT

LEAST SOME SUPPORT FOR SOME FROZEN PRECIPITATION NORTH OF THE I-20

CORRIDOR. THIS WILL BE A DIFFERENT SCENARIO AS TODAY AS IT WILL BE

THE COLD AIR TRYING TO WORK OUT THE WARMER AIR. IN FACT WE MAY SEE A

WARM NOSE GET STUCK AROUND THE 700 TO 850 MB LEVELS WITH FREEZING OR

NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES AT THE SURFACE LATE FRIDAY NIGHT/SATURDAY

MORNING. THE MAGNITUDE OF THIS WARM NOSE WILL DETERMINE THE EXTENT

OF THIS THREAT AND RESULTANT PRECIPITATION. FOR NOW...SOUNDING

PROFILES INDICATE A SNOW/RAIN MIX POSSIBLE AS FAR SOUTH AS A SELMA

TO ROANOKE LINE BY SATURDAY MORNING. WILL GO A TOUCH NORTH OF THAT

AND STICK WITH THE I-20 CORRIDOR. STILL ALOT OF TIMING ISSUES AND

THREATS TO WORK OUT AS THIS APPROACHES...SO STAY TUNED.

xwx

Hey xwx...While agree some do trend west in time, the problem I see w/ this paticular storm is the s/w in the southern branch has continued to get weaker. Imo we need that s/w to be a little stronger. Just my opinion.

for the areas west of CLT to get in on the Saturday storm, (western Carolinas) we need to see moisture backing out of the Gulf a little more quickly than what the NAM is showing. We need a nw Gulf low development, not north central or northeast Gulf development, and certainly not an offshore GA development as it will be totally too late here. Right now all guidance is favoring development a little too late west of 85 and probably west of 77 but the gradient between something and nothing is going to be tight . We need a stronger shortwave, not necessarily a northerly track, as that would be too warm. Still looks too weak until its off shore. Could be good for the eastern third of the Carolinas though.

GFS is rolling

for the areas west of CLT to get in on the Saturday storm, (western Carolinas) we need to see moisture backing out of the Gulf a little more quickly than what the NAM is showing. We need a nw Gulf low development, not north central or northeast Gulf development, and certainly not an offshore GA development as it will be totally too late here. Right now all guidance is favoring development a little too late west of 85 and probably west of 77 but the gradient between something and nothing is going to be tight . We need a stronger shortwave, not necessarily a northerly track, as that would be too warm. Still looks too weak until its off shore. Could be good for the eastern third of the Carolinas though.

Archived