Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Weekend Storm Disco (Dec 18th & 19th)

WeatherNC

Yes it is. Alot healthier!!

LIke Brandon has stated the NAM at this time frame is like "throwing paint on a wall"

post-501-0-03214000-1292425875.png

Looks better then the 06Z nam at 84..

Ha haha Im doing this for the NAM at 84. damn....

12z NAM slower with the weekend system and looking healthier than 6z.....just first glance before walking out of the office though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it is. Alot healthier!!

LIke Brandon has stated the NAM at this time frame is like "throwing paint on a wall"

Looks better then the 06Z nam at 84..

Ha haha Im doing this for the NAM at 84. damn....

With this H7 RH envelope, someone would get thumped south of VA, but one has to wonder if the players are even in the NAM's "box" atm, probably not... :thumbsdown:

nam_700_084s.gif

GFS is to warm and looks like the PV is to far east. Gets border line for CLT-RDU region around 84-90 but it's the usual cold chasing moisture. Only folks who look to see anything verbatim this run are the mountains and a few I-40 folks on the west side.

It's only cold enough in the Mtns and no precip falls over here.

I think part of the reason the gfs is warmer this run is because it's faster than the 6z gfs run. I just took a quick peak at it and it appears to be 6hrs or so faster. It also appears to be a little weaker off the coast than the 6z. I believe 6z had it at 1004 and it's 1008 on the 12z.

I think part of the reason the gfs is warmer this run is because it's faster than the 6z gfs run. I just took a quick peak at it and it appears to be 6hrs or so faster. It also appears to be a little weaker off the coast than the 6z. I believe 6z had it at 1004 and it's 1008 on the 12z.

I noticed that it is faster too. Faster than the Nam by 6 hours. I wonder if the GFS was slower if it would come back west more?

I noticed that it is faster too. Faster than the Nam by 6 hours. I wonder if the GFS was slower if it would come back west more?

I'm not sure if it would help it come back west more but I know it would help w/ temps. The timing of the 6z gfs was pefect because the heavier precip was at night. Since my area is so close on temps that could make a huge difference. It's going to be a close call and like many have said it usually doesn't work out when we have the cold chasing moisture.

12z Canadian is the perfect sfc low track for snow in the GVL to CLT corridor. Both the NAM and Canadian have a much better look with the piece of energy that comes into the California / Oregon border and dives SE into the trough. GFS is weaker, faster, and not as far south with this piece of energy - all bad.

I_nw_g1_EST_2010121512_083.png

83rd hour.

CMC

12z Canadian is the perfect sfc low track for snow in the GVL to CLT corridor. Both the NAM and Canadian have a much better look with the piece of energy that comes into the California / Oregon border and dives SE into the trough. GFS is weaker, faster, and not as far south with this piece of energy - all bad.

Looks like that would be a good hit for RDU. I might be a bit too far west here to get much.

That even looks good for Eyewall!

Hey guys, check this out... :snowman:

12zgfsensemblep12084.gif

12zgfsensemblep12096.gif

There should be a rule in the main-side model thread about using the word Mid-Atlantic, or MA for short. It is in every other post, and from folks who, you guessed it, live in the MA. "Looks good for the MA" "All we need is another 50 mile shift and the MA is in play" "Brings 3-6" to the northern MA this run" etc... That thread goes from NAM initialization to MA weenie-fest in no time flat, forcing a mental cut and paste just to gain useful information. Some things never change.

Good luck to you guys in N.C. but for those of us in GA it's, "Take a seat in the bleachers"

I hope you get dumped on.

maybe not. Its close enough for anywhere in northern Ga to be on guard. If we get the 850 low to develop in time and track along a Macon to CAE to eastern NC track, I could see the northern parts being in a deformation band, since you'd be close to the cold sector and with excellent lift. The lack of a PNA ridge out west and enough cold air during the heart of the event is still the problem, but its close enough that those factors may develop in our favor just a little bit. Until the models start concentrating further east or south, I wouldn't write it off yet.

There should be a rule in the main-side model thread about using the word Mid-Atlantic, or MA for short. It is in every other post, and from folks who, you guessed it, live in the MA. "Looks good for the MA" "All we need is another 50 mile shift and the MA is in play" "Brings 3-6" to the northern MA this run" etc... That thread goes from NAM initialization to MA weenie-fest in no time flat, forcing a mental cut and paste just to gain useful information. Some things never change.

This is why we have the southeast sub-forum which is better than any other sub-forum on AmericanWX. :thumbsup:

Archived