• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Storm Disco (Dec 18th & 19th)

WeatherNC

Good points. This will be a huge kick in the balls if eastern NC cashes in yet again. axesmiley.png

:snowman: again, but in all seriousness, wish we all could get into a widespread warning event, year in and year out... Still think this has the flavor of a NE NC SE VA special, central NC could do well, but without a fresh source of cold, going to be hard here in the Coastal Plain...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the game is still on..Again this is the 18NAM, but, the table needs to be set.

Either way I hope some in the SE :) cashes in on this.

Model battle is full force now!!

for highway 74 region of southern NC, the NAM probably is slightly too warm. The 925 and boundary layer is just above freezing, but our 850 is below, however we're well west of the good lift, so precip rates verbatim would leave us at 35 and light rain. Futher east at 84 hours is when it develops the 850 low, so by then points east of CLT are probably in good snow in a developing deformation band. If you extrapolated that would eventually get eastern NC very good with 6" probably. Lose-Lose for my area. Plus time of day with marginal boundary layer, I don't like.

Just getting back in the seat after some days off, but I'm thinking along the same lines here. The stale cold...with much less room for evaporative cooling from the preceeding events could be an issue. Thinking a northern trend in the models gets underway later tomorrow, but only by so much.

:snowman: again, but in all seriousness, wish we all could get into a widespread warning event, year in and year out... Still think this has the flavor of a NE NC SE VA special, central NC could do well, but without a fresh source of cold, going to be hard here in the Coastal Plain...

Anyone wondering what the 18z NAM would look like after 84hrs, well you can, kinda, it's called the 18z DGEX and it puts down 5-7" for NE NC and SE VA between 84 and 108 hrs. A less than stellar, in terms of verification, DGEX SN map coming once it is available on NCEP.

lol DGEX will have 2 ft of snow for all of NC!!

Archived