wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Weekend Storm Disco (Dec 18th & 19th)

WeatherNC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night's euro run was the best one yet for KCLT..all snow with close to a quarter inch of qpf.

The only snow I saw (and granted just verbatim on the map I was looking at) it only had some back end snow for CLT...which of course never works....with all the moisture though I could see how it would force a change over earlier then progged.

Heck, that map's not even good for RDU. Mostly an east of I95 event.

Sort of looks like what happened back on dec 3rd 2000. TWC had crews in raleigh and it was a light flurry while I had 17 inches at my house here east of I-95. Still lots of times for the models to dance around so keep the faith!

Sort of looks like what happened back on dec 3rd 2000. TWC had crews in raleigh and it was a light flurry while I had 17 inches at my house here east of I-95. Still lots of times for the models to dance around so keep the faith!

I remember that all too well,not a flake here when TWC and NWS called for 10-12"!:axe:

Need a north and west trend! Just like todays storm :whistle:

Weird things happening in this pattern that keeps its "anti-snow" guns aimed right at western SC and southern NC. So far we've had a good strong northeast Vortex which keeps cold air in the east. A couple of times now it looked like much of NC would get snow from systems that have trended north . But the storm a couple weeks ago trended south with time (remember the one that gave a few flurries to the deep south- actually came a little north late). So some things are trending north , some are south, just depends on the strength and timing of the cold pressing south. All the Apps and points west have had some decent snow showers and now the good glazing in ATL to BHM regions, plus their numerous snow showers. Central and northern and eastern NC have had snow and ice twice now. Looks like my region to CLT is about the one spot that can't get much in this pattern, except brief token flakes or pellets, but nothing really. Its possible that the southern and eastern sections south of here could get backside snows Saturday night, and if that happens the big donut hole will be squarely on top of me and Burgers region .:yikes: We need some Gulf development , even though usually it comes at the expense of cold air. Sigh, winter weather lovers here have a hard time.

Weird things happening in this pattern that keeps its "anti-snow" guns aimed right at western SC and southern NC. So far we've had a good strong northeast Vortex which keeps cold air in the east. A couple of times now it looked like much of NC would get snow from systems that have trended north . But the storm a couple weeks ago trended south with time (remember the one that gave a few flurries to the deep south- actually came a little north late). So some things are trending north , some are south, just depends on the strength and timing of the cold pressing south. All the Apps and points west have had some decent snow showers and now the good glazing in ATL to BHM regions, plus their numerous snow showers. Central and northern and eastern NC have had snow and ice twice now. Looks like my region to CLT is about the one spot that can't get much in this pattern, except brief token flakes or pellets, but nothing really. Its possible that the southern and eastern sections south of here could get backside snows Saturday night, and if that happens the big donut hole will be squarely on top of me and Burgers region .:yikes: We need some Gulf development , even though usually it comes at the expense of cold air. Sigh, winter weather lovers here have a hard time.

this is an odd pattern. at least it makes it interesting - although it makes forecasting an nightmare since there isnt any general pattern with the shifts like we usually see (ie. the infamous 'nw trend'). it seems like its not even worth following the models for events several days out since they change so much, sometimes even run to run

Archived