joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Numbers to shoot for this July for Indianapolis.

July - Warmest Average Temperature On Record

82.8 - 1936

82.1 - 2011

82.0 - 1901

81.6 - 1934

81.1 - 1921

July - Warmest Average Maximum Temperature On Record

93.7 - 1936

92.7 - 1901

92.1 - 1934

91.7 - 1887 and 2011

90.9 - 1916 and 1983

July - Warmest Average Minimum Temperature On Record

72.7 - 1874

72.4 - 2011

72.0 - 1872

71.8 - 1936

71.5 - 1921

July - Driest On Record

0.47" - 2011

0.49" - 1914

0.55" - 1997

0.67" - 1936

0.82" - 1881

July - Most 90º+ Days (since 1897)

25 - 1901

22 - 1983

21 - 1916 and 1921

20 - 1919 and 2011

19 - 1934, 1936, and 1966

July - Most 100º+ Days (since 1897)

9 - 1936

6 - 1934

3 - 1901, 1930, and 1988

2 - 1911, 1916, and 1954

1 - 1913, 1914, 1940, 1941, 1952, 1980, 2011

Numbers to shoot for this July for Indianapolis.

July - Most 90º+ Days (since 1897)

25 - 1901

22 - 1983

21 - 1916 and 1921

20 - 1919 and 2011

19 - 1934, 1936, and 1966

They will be getting off to a good start on 90° days this week, although that record would be a tough one to beat.

Some smoke streaking across the skies right now high in the atmosphere. Already giving the sun a reddish tint even though it's still 45min from sunset. DVN mentioned the possibility of the smoke coming out of the Rockies possibly taking a few degrees off highs the next few days, but it's difficult to say how much of an impact it will have. We didn't have any smoke all day until this evening, so it's hard to predict how it will evolve tomorrow.

Nice bonus storm basically popped up right over my house. Fun to see the radar go from nothing to 50 dBZ in 15 minutes or so. Good soaking rain for the last 20 mintues as well, lawns must be loving this.

Where abouts are you from? Same thing happened here as well in the last 15 mins

So are the temps by our screen names ever going to work again? Does that have to do with the NWS redo?

Weird...temps early this morning only dropped to 76F, but winds turned out of the north and dew points crashed...down to 60F now... I thought it felt really nice out there this morning. Bonus@!

Sucks that WU was sold...i really like that site. Hopefully the TWC doesn't screw with it.

I would honestly be a little more thrilled about these t'storms had they come through late last night or late this afternoon. Now not only could our 90*F+ day be shot, but there may not be any severe weather to show for it. Worst possible scenario.

I would honestly be a little more thrilled about these t'storms had they come through late last night or late this afternoon. Now not only could our 90*F+ day be shot, but there may not be any severe weather to show for it. Best possible scenario for farming. Lots of Rain for the northern half of the Detroit area. Great News!!

Fixed

Fixed

Uhhh, no...

First off, I saw about an inch of rain here myself with some crazy lightning (more coming through now).

Second, I'm a weather hobbiest, and I like to experience the extremities of the weather. If the stoms held off to about PM this afternoon with highs in the mid-90s, I would be perfectly happy. IF they am through severe this morning without the 90*F+ temps, I'd be perfectly happy. If it made it into the 90s without any convection, I'd be happy.

What happened instead? After 6th onscutiv days of 90*F+ temps and no severe weather to show fo it, while originally forecasted to tie the all-time record, we get non-sever t'stoms at the worst possible time of day with tons of cloud debris, effectively shooting the chance of seeing severe weather or breaking the all-time consecutive 90*F (especially with outlow-laden temps in the low-mid 70s at 10 AM, I've never seen temps recover to 90*F+ under ths circumstances), even if we have four more 90*F+ days after this.

Uhhh, no...

First off, I saw about an inch of rain here myself with some crazy lightning (more coming through now).

Second, I'm a weather hobbiest, and I like to experience the extremities of the weather. If the stoms held off to about PM this afternoon with highs in the mid-90s, I would be perfectly happy. IF they am through severe this morning without the 90*F+ temps, I'd be perfectly happy. If it made it into the 90s without any convection, I'd be happy.

What happened instead? After 6th onscutiv days of 90*F+ temps and no severe weather to show fo it, while originally forecasted to tie the all-time record, we get non-sever t'stoms at the worst possible time of day with tons of cloud debris, effectively shooting the chance of seeing severe weather or breaking the all-time consecutive 90*F (especially with outlow-laden temps in the low-mid 70s at 10 AM, I've never seen temps recover to 90*F+ under ths circumstances), even if we have four more 90*F+ days after this.

It is 1130AM and just Southwest of Metro at Adrian it is 86, 90 is very much still possible as is severe weather.

Uhhh, no...

why on earth did I move you up the rankings?

The actual storm may miss me just to the south (which is not a big deal, it looks rather weak on radar), but there has been nearly constant rolling thunder here for the last 15 minutes. Pretty neat, and this is already one of the stormiest days of the year here thus far (with the potential for 1-2 more rounds later in the day).

Today's 12Z Euro looks wonderful for next week. Goodbye heat.

Consistent signals for the intense heat to break down and the ridge to retreat farther west. I'm not sure it's a particularly cool pattern but it will feel a lot cooler than what we've been in.

We know now whats happens in this pattern when a ridge pops in the west like that. This pattern repeats itself in 2 week cycles it seems. Heat will be back.

A lot of the years with big hot spells around this time had additional intense ones later in July/August and even September in some cases. Maybe not enough evidence to bet the farm on but I'd lean that way.

Interesting little tidbit from the DVN squad....

DEW POINTS HAVE BEEN INTERESTING. TODAY AND YESTERDAY DEW POINTS

HAVE RISEN DURING THE DAY AND THEN DROPPED AT NIGHT. THE ONLY

EXPLANATION THAT MAKES SENSE FOR THIS OCCURRING IS CORN. ONCE THE

SUN COMES UP THE CORN STARTS TO ACTIVELY EVAPOTRANSPIRATE. WITH

SUNSET THE EVAPOTRANSPIRATION SHUTS DOWN.

Archived