EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
July 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

82° for a high today, which is normal. Sun was a little warm, but comfortable for the most part. Dewpoint of only 50°. If winds go calm tonight, the temperatures will likely fall off rapidly.

All ready have lost 9 minutes of daylight so far. This week alone this latitude loses 8 minutes, then by Labor Day week ~ 20 minutes a week!

High temperature ended up being 86, which is at or perhaps very slightly above normal, after a morning low of 72, which is eight or ten degrees above normal. Upper 80's and even lower 90's were common just to my south and west. I would expect similar high temperatures tomorrow, except here perhaps a degree or two warmer on account of the NE wind not blowing as much.

Already down to 71 here. Most of the nights lately would have had us in the mid 80s at this hour. Went out and did some spot mowing earlier. Most of the grass is brown and drying up, but there were a few patches of long green grass in shady areas. Even those areas should begin to brown up and go dormant soon as the dry weather looks to continue for some time.

Got down to 65 here here, as well. Already up to 80. I have a feeling that this is going to be week in which high temperatures overperform on LOT's forecasts. For instance, LOT only has 85 for my point-and-click.

I think the same can be said for the DTX CWA too. Temps were overperforming before the heatwave during the day here.

Made it down to 61 °F last night at the airport, but probably a good bit warmer downtown. Already up to 79 °F, 4 degrees below the forecast high. We'll prob get warmer than forecast, but the saving grace should be cold air advection in the low-levels, currently 15 °C at 850 hPa and dropping. With an adiabatic lapse rate that can only support a high of ~86 °F.

Got down to 65 here here, as well. Already up to 80. I have a feeling that this is going to be week in which high temperatures overperform on LOT's forecasts. For instance, LOT only has 85 for my point-and-click.

ORD already 84 and one over the forecasted high

Archived