northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ECMWF continues to be consistent in showing 90+ starting Thurs.

Yeah was just looking at the 00z. Looks like 20-22°C 850s lock in Friday through at least mid-week next week. Doesn't look like the 24-26 temps streak out east of the Rockies this time, but it should still be pretty hot. Looks like a long stretch of low to mid 90s for many areas. With the soils becoming ever drier I suppose we could see even higher temps than what would normally be expected.

Yeah, I remember that one too. Believe I saw hail in both of those events, Jan and Mar. Welp, hopefully the Fall season is active. :dry:

1988 had a couple decent fall events here (by here I mean in the state). Of course it's only 1 year but the point is that even in bad drought years it doesn't necessarily mean that the season shuts down the rest of the way.

1988 had a couple decent fall events here (by here I mean in the state). Of course it's only 1 year but the point is that even in bad drought years it doesn't necessarily mean that the season shuts down the rest of the way.

Yeah, I know. Just easy to be pessimistic when things are so boring storm-wise.

Yeah was just looking at the 00z. Looks like 20-22°C 850s lock in Friday through at least mid-week next week. Doesn't look like the 24-26 temps streak out east of the Rockies this time, but it should still be pretty hot. Looks like a long stretch of low to mid 90s for many areas. With the soils becoming ever drier I suppose we could see even higher temps than what would normally be expected.

That seems like a pretty reasonable prediction. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a day or two of somewhat higher surface temperatures because of higher-than-(currently)progged upper-level temperatures and the increasingly dry soils. NWP, even including the Euro, has weaknesses in handling both extremes and soil-moisture conditions.

88 here currently.

Turtle-

How is the water situation in Madison? Mendota dry yet? Any water restrictions/dead trees/crusty lawns??? Turning brown very quickly around here.

Everything is browning up quickly around here too, I think we're reaching a critical point where alot of plants simply can't survive anymore. It's ridiculous how we can't even get a rain shower. Mendota dropping about a third of an inch per day.

Temp-wise, this cooldown is still pretty warm. It's very pleasant first thing in the morning, but by 10am the temp is rocketing upward into the 80s. The early to mid week low 80s highs some of the locals were forecasting appear to be too low.

A few years ago in July we only had a few days with highs above 80, and a couple years ago we only hit 90 a couple times. This year 90 is what we drop to behind cold fronts.

ugh...its hot here ... Heading to the pool to cool off. The Mississippi River was 87F when my brother was out the other day...wouldn't want to know what is breeding in that water.

I really need to plant some trees in my back yard to shade the house better... My black shingled roof is exposed all day to the south...just cooking the house.

Archived