joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

76º/64º at LAF at 5:00pm. Ticked 90º at 1:00pm, but it's been on a downward slide since the storms barely missed here earlier...but the overcast has remained. Really comfortable right now. Meanwhile, about 90 miles south...Terre Haute sitting at 102º. Thank you clouds/outflow.

76º/64º at LAF at 5:00pm. Ticked 90º at 1:00pm, but it's been on a downward slide since the storms barely missed here earlier...but the overcast has remained. Really comfortable right now. Meanwhile, about 90 miles south...Terre Haute sitting at 102º. Thank you clouds/outflow.

Nothing's gonna save us from solid 90s during the week. :devilsmiley:

So? Facts are it hasn't been that bad here the past couple of days...thanks to the storms. Also proof, one shouldn't hug model 2m temps...even from the mighty Euro. ;)

Just messing around. FWIW, 18z NAM has us hitting 102 on Wednesday. Could be overdone though. I'd say most days will be in the mid/upper 90's with maybe a low 90 and a 100 thrown in somewhere.

Just messing around. FWIW, 18z NAM has us hitting 102 on Wednesday. Could be overdone though. I'd say most days will be in the mid/upper 90's with maybe a low 90 and a 100 thrown in somewhere.

Yeah, we'll see on that 102º. Thing is, I had a nice pool day at my friends planned for today, that got sorta ruined by the overcast. I actually wanted it hot and sunny. B)

NAM sure has been running hot this year. Don't remember it being that way last year, but maybe I just don't remember. 18z run has us at 100/100/102 for tomorrow through Wednesday. Not gonna happen. Probably more like 92-95.

hard to fault too much on temp busts given finicky nature of shallow shortwave induced convection messing things up.

NAM sure has been running hot this year. Don't remember it being that way last year, but maybe I just don't remember. 18z run has us at 100/100/102 for tomorrow through Wednesday. Not gonna happen. Probably more like 92-95.

You look like a lock for 95+ at least once this week.

On this day in 1987 at Indianapolis, their third highest daily total precipitation amount was recorded. Below are all the calendar days that have seen 4.00"+ of precipitation in Indianapolis, since 1871.

7.20" on September 1, 2003

6.80" on September 4, 1895

5.09" on July 1, 1987

4.70" on March 25, 1904

4.46" on August 8, 1976

4.50" on July 2, 1938

4.30" on November 18, 1881

4.22" on July 7, 1915

4.15" on November 14, 1993

4.00" on July 20, 1969

the corn here about 20 miles north of Indianapolis is starting to tassel. It looks to be about 3 or 4 feet high. The heat kills the pollen's ability to fertilize. I remember that in 1988 when it finally did rain in mid-July, the first drops were so hot that they produced scalded spots on the corn leaves. My kids detasseled that year and the seed corn came in under average yields but the rain saved a part of that crop. When it gets very hot and dry the blooms on the soybeans just fall off without being pollinated. And that is the farm report for today!

Did the standing crop suffer wind damage from the derecho? You guys were right on the border of some of those stronger storms.

We had about ~60mph winds here, and driving around the county yesterday, I didn't see any obvious crop damage.

Same here. Most of the corn around here is stunted compared to normal years and therefore is less susceptible to damage from high winds.

Archived