northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a very intense storm pop up at work this evening on the NE side of Indianapolis. Lots of power outages, trees down and fires from the lightning. Best storm I've seen in probably over a year. Only around .5-.8 inches of rain though which fell in 15 minutes :axe: Some extreme CG strikes. We had quite a bit of ponding but that went away very quickly and after awhile you couldnt tell it rained.

I posted an over/under of 5 house fires in Fishers last night. :D Haven't heard how that did. I saw some people saying it was the biggest lightning storm they have seen in a long time. I was down town Indy at the Indians game, got about 15 min of light rain, that was it.

The high here today was 83. The clouds broke fairly quickly this morning. The topsoil has dried considerably today; I'd say that, by the end of tomorrow, soil conditions will be back to where they were before Wednesday night's rain, with the vegetation close behind. Of course, I had relatively rain (0.57").

Really nice night outside, 66° with light winds. Top layer of soil is still moist, which has led to greening lawns and blossoming wildflowers in the last 2 days. EURO painting quite a bit of convection in southern WI into SW MI for Tuesday with coolish temperatures.

Skilling hyping up several rounds of NW flow storms next week.

I've been on board for a couple days now...LOT agrees

OVERALL HIGH PRECIPITABLE WATER AIR...A

RIGHT REAR ENTRANCE TO THE JET ACROSS THE AREA...AND BELOW NORMAL

SEA LEVEL PRESSURES FOR MID- SUMMER LIKELY FAVOR BETTER CHANCES

FOR STORMS THAN WE HAVE SEEN IN THE PAST MONTH TO MONTH AND A

HALF. IN GENERAL A GUIDANCE BLEND IS PROVIDING THAT.

Real nice day yesterday. Brief break from the tortuous heat, but much appreciated.

Talked to guy yesterday who said he heard that starting Monday, Lafayette will see a stretch of 100º+ every day for the next two weeks. First thought of mine was, that's Hoosier's dream scenario. Second was, I wonder if Hoosier started that rumor? Just kidding Ryan...just kidding. :D

The last two days were a nice little break from the heat. Back to the furnace on Sunday/Monday though. On the bright side, the stronger flow looks to be in the vicinity of Michigan for the next week or so, so I'm betting on a round or two of thunderstorms in that timeframe.

cautiously optimistic.. its definitively continuing to look much more favorable here on paper than earlier in the season

when we were hung out to dry.

Should be pretty fun and busy on the board next week. Hoosier, Chicago Storm and Tropical get their

heat fetish fancied and its looking like the rains could be shared by most.

Made it up to 88, but it has since dropped back to 86 as a thicker/solid deck of clouds has moved in. That should be it for the high on the day.

ORD is up to 87. Looks like it will be only the 2nd missed 90+ day on the year due to convection/cloud debris.

THE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT PERIOD LOOKS TO BE A MORE

ACTIVE PERIOD AND WE COULD SEE AT LEAST A COUPLE OF POTENTIALLY

HEALTHY MCS`S TRACK ACROSS THE REGION. IN FACT...COMBINATION OF

SEASONABLY HIGH PWATS POOLING ALONG THE BOUNDARY AND BELT OF

STRONGER NORTHWESTERLY FLOW ALOFT NEARBY COULD RESULT IN A ROUND OR

TWO OF SEVERE WEATHER AND EVEN THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY RAINFALL.

FTW

Archived