Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
July 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, the re-calibration of Detroit Willow Run has done nothing to address the 3*F+ temperature difference.

86*F vs. 83*F at Metro Airport.

Obviously it's too early to tell, but maybe nothing is wrong with its observations and the site's just naturally torchy for geographical reasons.

YIP reached 97...problems remain.

so far very little convection upstream...if nothing goes with the llj...tomorrow may end up starting rather clear.

If skies can remain fairly cloud-free tomorrow, I would not surprised if many places had their highest temperatures of the year (to date). Mid to upper 100's would not be inconceivable over parts of northern Illinois (and eastern Iowa), especially those areas a bit farther west that had very little to no rainfall last week.

If skies can remain fairly cloud-free tomorrow, I would not surprised if many places had their highest temperatures of the year (to date). Mid to upper 100's would not be inconceivable over parts of northern Illinois (and eastern Iowa), especially those areas a bit farther west that had very little to no rainfall last week.

00z NAM keeping with the warmer scenario, but it will be hard to know until tomorrow.

At 82° IMBY at quarter to 8. 81° at the sensor 1/2 mile away in Zion. Clear skies so far.

BowMe - I'll keep my fingers crossed that all of southern WI gets a good soaking tonight! ... hopefully northern IL too! :D

:raining:

At 82° IMBY at quarter to 8. 81° at the sensor 1/2 mile away in Zion. Clear skies so far.

BowMe - I'll keep my fingers crossed that all of southern WI gets a good soaking tonight! ... hopefully northern IL too! :D

:raining:

lol, thanks! I would just love one good round of rain this week and the earlier the better so i can tell

this negative gut rot feeling to piss off. The rains then can miss me all it wants as long as the rich don't get richer to the north and it unloads from the heavens on those who really need it for wells and such.

There are never any guarantees but this is easily the best shot at heavy rainfall for southern wisconsin since 2011.

I would say I feel pretty confident about later this week, especially Wednesday night, but it looks like tonight, if anything develops, it will be just south of here.

To my friends across the border into Wisconsin. I hope the 23/06z GFS is correct with the precip you certainly need it. Looks to me however that most areas of WI that are the driest will see about 1/2" to a 1" as depicted by the 23/0z run of the Euro,GEM and UKMET as well as the 23/06 and 12z runs of the Nam. Lets wait and see what happens once the all of 12z suites are in, but right now it looks to me as if the heaviest rains of 2"+ will fall somewhere north of MPX to DLH over to MQT and maybe as far south as GRB, Hope I'm wrong and that the HPC is correct.

Good Luck All....you need it.

Rain chances are starting to look not as good for Southern Wisconsin. Models are showing the heaviest precip north/south of the area.

High resolution models would be the best now at pin pointing tonight's convection.

Latest HRRR looks pretty decent for this area

The HRRR is hit and miss but has done OK when the forcing is obvious enough which I think might be the case today. It will be interesting to watch where the next few runs trend. DBQ to ORD looks good right now but I wouldn't be shocked to see things end up 50+ miles north or south of there. Training signals look pretty good.

Fixed your post. It looks like any rain would be confined from Racine and Madison southward.

Ya I wouldn't be suprised if that's the case. Where ever the high clouds are right now will probably be the same areas that see storms later. It's going to be a close call.

Archived