12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outflow just blew through here with 40-50mph wind gusts. The stronger gusts lasted almost 10min. Pretty impressive for just outflow. Could actually hear limbs breaking in the distance, which made it sound a lot worse than it was. Probably off some dead trees or something.

The storms have largely **** the bed over the last hour or so, so don't expect much rain here. Was nice to see some weather action other than the heat again.

Outflow just blew through here with 40-50mph wind gusts. The stronger gusts lasted almost 10min. Pretty impressive for just outflow. Could actually hear limbs breaking in the distance, which made it sound a lot worse than it was. Probably off some dead trees or something.

The storms have largely **** the bed over the last hour or so, so don't expect much rain here. Was nice to see some weather action other than the heat again.

Too bad the outflow has become so separated from the storms around there. Even with nocturnal cooling there is still sufficient instability to keep a robust system going if mesoscale factors were cooperating...

Too bad the outflow has become so separated from the storms around there. Even with nocturnal cooling there is still sufficient instability to keep a robust system going if mesoscale factors were cooperating...

Yeah for a short while it looked like the cool pool would keep the surface based storms propagating along fast enough to keep up with the outflow, but it fell a bit short. If we would have had just a bit more support in the mid levels it probably would have been a pretty wild evening around these parts. Still made for some interesting weather at least.

Some elevated cells mixed in with some stratified rain could bring a few tenths of much needed rain to the QCA later on. Not even close enough to put a dent in the drought, but it will surely help raise the moral of many who are beginning to get worried about the long term impacts of the drought.

Lake breeze just moved through I think, but it was a very light one, only dropped the temps about half a degree from 87F to 86.4F. MKX thinks the lake breeze may enhance convergence and aid in the development of more storms perhaps, and with the line filling in through much of the state, looks like another round of t'storms is likely.

Solid thunderstorm moving through, temp has dropped 10 degrees since it started raining.

Looks like I'm about to get it next. Gust front just blew through here and dropped the temperature 12°!

Edit: Figures, storms fire over the lake.

Forgot to mention that the wind last night from the outflow blew a crapload of leaves off many of the trees. Both the back and front yard are covered by mainly dead looking leaves. Don't ever recall so many leaves falling so early. I'm guessing it's from heat stress mainly, as all the trees are very mature and likely reach very deep underground. Another thing to consider is the leaves this year are about a month older than normal, so I guess it would make sense for the trees to lose their leaves a bit earlier than normal this year.

No kidding about that.. I was optimistic about our chances today.. But talk about a massive FAIL!

As I thought this morning. Held out hope, but that's that. Awful, awful, awful.

T is better than nothing. ;)

We need a middle finger smiley on this forum.

:D

Archived