Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Post Tropical Cyclone Debby

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well of course that is easy to say as a tropical snob AND from a seat 1,000 miles away. I would hope that there is a significant amount of trop dudes around here with enough savvy to separate a normally LOL system out in the open ocean with this one which is interacting with terra fima and real population. :)

I think it was what most of us expected, except JB. That doesn't mean I won't complain. The chance for organization would have been if it could turn back the the southwest, under the ridge.

Hudson, FL (NE of Tampa)

Product: LSR / Time: 2012-06-24 23:21 UTC / Event: 0 FLOOD / Source: amateur radio

Remark: 2 feet of water inside wal-mart store in hudson, on u.s. 19. reported to nws by ham radio operator.

If this system can move far enough north into Georgia and South Carolina it would quite beneficial to the persistent drought.

If you can't take some criticism without responding like an ***hole, then don't post at all. I don't care if you're right or not.

He wasn't criticizing me as stated in his post, so I took no offense. I thought he should read their statements before commenting, that's all. Besides, I have not in any post criticized the NHC. They had a challenging forecast and bet the wrong horse it seems. In fact, my overriding suggestion is that they adopt less stringent rules for public forecasts when the uncertainty is so high.

He wasn't criticizing me as stated in his post, so I took no offense. I thought he should read their statements before commenting, that's all. Besides, I have not in any post criticized the NHC. They had a challenging forecast and bet the wrong horse it seems. In fact, my overriding suggestion is that they adopt less stringent rules for public forecasts when the uncertainty is so high.

Less stringent rules for public forecasts when the uncertainty is so high? Give me a break. Clearly you should read more and post less until you fully understand the inner workings for coordinated forecasting.

Less stringent rules for public forecasts when the uncertainty is so high? Give me a break. Clearly you should read more and post less until you fully understand the inner workings for coordinated forecasting.

As a moderator, shouldn't you ask what I meant before jumping down my throat? I mean exactly what I said many hours ago. That is, they should publish 3 day forecasts when uncertainty is so high rather than 5 day forecasts, as it might be in the public interest to truncate the time period when they than have such wide disparity among major models with viable solutions. The only way to get better sometimes is to challenge held beliefs. No? That may not be possible with the coordination required among other offices, but it is worth the discussion I think.

As a moderator, shouldn't you ask what I meant before jumping down my throat? I mean exactly what I said many hours ago. That is, they should publish 3 day forecasts when uncertainty is so high rather than 5 day forecasts, as it might be in the public interest to truncate the time period when they than have such wide disparity among major models with viable solutions. They only way to get better sometimes is to challenge held beliefs. No?

I would stop now, before you dig yourself into a bigger pit. Take this to PM if you feel necessary, but right now it is cluttering up the thread.

Really significant rotation crossing onshore now at Saint Pete Beach - very notable TDS immediately apparent...

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM EDT FOR SOUTHERN

PINELLAS COUNTY...

AT 815 PM EDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED POWER TRANSFORMERS

WERE BLOWN OUT ONE MILE NORTH OF DON CESAR HOTEL IN SAINT PETERSBURG

ASSOCIATED WITH THIS STORM.

THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...

KENNETH CITY.

PINELLAS PARK.

HIGHPOINT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IF YOU ARE IN THE PATH OF THE TORNADO GO TO A SMALL INTERIOR ROOM IN

A STRONG AND WELL CONSTRUCTED BUILDING. CARS AND MOBILE HOMES ARE NOT

SAFE. IF NO SHELTER IS AVAILABLE...LIE FLAT IN A DITCH OR CULVERT AND

COVER YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR HANDS.

A TORNADO WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 500 AM EDT MONDAY MORNING FOR

WESTERN FLORIDA.

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and deleted it.

No problem! I found out AFTER I had posted it to my work Facebook page and station fan page... Whoops!

I'm talking to some friends in Sarasota, FL. They had a few gusts of 55-60 mph and knocked power out to quite a few people. This HAD to happen AFTER I drove up from there today.... :axe:

No problem! I found out AFTER I had posted it to my work Facebook page and station fan page... Whoops!

I'm talking to some friends in Sarasota, FL. They had a few gusts of 55-60 mph and knocked power out to quite a few people. This HAD to happen AFTER I drove up from there today.... :axe:

I'm a little south of Sarasota and the last band of storms that passed through dropped a ton of rain with those winds!

Kinda interesting how JAX NWS was only going for 1" of rain at JAX metro this morning in their AFD... now they have FW's up for 4-8 inches of rain and 10-15 inches in isolated spots. Shows how this system has some tricks up its sleeve in its track and no one really knows where its going

That looks like it was a bad a$$ spout! NOT your typical skinny straw like type we see in some frontal passages and wet season hum dingers.

yeah.. mini supercells in the lines rolling in. could get strong tornadoes in the setup.

Archived