northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread III

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a vid of what I'm pretty sure was a w micro. I think we gusted just south of 80 for a few seconds. I'll upload when they get the cell towers back in svc, the service is horrible right now and a good chunk of town has no power. Insane storm guys....

Nice! Looking forward to seeing that vid....I love seeing that stuff.

I got a vid of what I'm pretty sure was a w micro. I think we gusted just south of 80 for a few seconds. I'll upload when they get the cell towers back in svc, the service is horrible right now and a good chunk of town has no power. Insane storm guys....

nice. i didnt watch it all the way to you but the rear flank downdraft was going nuts to your west.

That stuff in CT must have been pretty exciting because I just had a comparatively teeny cell go over the junction of Rt 9 and 495 up here in Mass, and it was wicked for about 3 or 4 minutes! Trees whipped around a bit by blinding sheets of rain, and some of the best CG I've seen in recent memory. Multi-pulse brilliant bolts with concussive thunder. No hail but packed a nasty punch for a little guy.

Archived