Newest Member
    northernriwx
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread III

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, Nutmeg State!

This heatwave might have been an utter failure. I should have paid more attention to the severe thread!

Lots of thunder to the southwest--from the Pittsfield cell, I imagine.

Just cloudy here.

Cell has pretty much died as it moved east toward me. Nothing more than an anvil with a shower now. In fact the sun is now coming out as I type this as the anvil is moving on. This is what remains of a 70 dBZ hailer near Hudson, NY about an hour ago.

This happens a lot as the instability parameters are typically enhanced over the Hudson Valley compared to the higher terrain to the east.

There is more stuff firing to the W and SW of here, but it will probably be much weaker than what is occurring down in CT, should it even make it this far east.

This is how it looked in Litchfield at 3:10pm.. Rotation was being detected on radar.

radar30.jpg

it looked ok for a bit in eastern ny. mostly the rfd was undercutting any rotation. considering the shear it looked pretty solid tho even if there was probably never a real risk of a tornado forming.

Cell has pretty much died as it moved east toward me. Nothing more than an anvil with a shower now. In fact the sun is now coming out as I type this as the anvil is moving on. This is what remains of a 70 dBZ hailer near Hudson, NY about an hour ago.

This happens a lot as the instability parameters are typically enhanced over the Hudson Valley compared to the higher terrain to the east.

There is more stuff firing to the W and SW of here, but it will probably be much weaker than what is occurring down in CT, should it even make it this far east.

I'll be bummed if I don't at least get rain. I'm sick of watering the damn grass.

Archived