joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread III

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday is intriguing as long as we can keep highs dews in here. That may be a struggle but worth watching.

Hopefully the channeled flow theory is true, because we'll need all the local backing we can get for a chance at a tornadic supercell.

But another plains style shelf cloud looks certainly possible, and is the fad.

Saturday looks interesting.

Kind of reminds me of some event that happened...was somewhere between 2004-2006.

Anyways we had severe wx on that Friday and it was a pretty potent event. That Saturday I remember not even expecting a chance of storms and it was cloudy out all day if I recall...I looked outside to the west and it was completely dark...I turned on the TV to TWC and looked on the radar and saw this massive line coming...I called my brother at the library and told him and he was going to come home...he ended up getting stuck in it and the winds were so strong he couldn't ride the bike. There was also a tornado warning issued and the strongest rotation was near Wolcott.

Friday looks like a pretty typical summertime FROPA with little shear and plenty of instability. I am pretty disappointed with this surge of heat and the potential strong convection with it. Any localized mid level wind maxima coupled with the favorable 200mb divergence could bring a nice cluster of multicells. Also, a storm propagation with a southeastward component would possibly enhance tilt and storm relative shear but I am reaching here.

Friday looks like a pretty typical summertime FROPA with little shear and plenty of instability. I am pretty disappointed with this surge of heat and the potential strong convection with it. Any localized mid level wind maxima coupled with the favorable 200mb divergence could bring a nice cluster of multicells. Also, a storm propagation with a southeastward component would possibly enhance tilt and storm relative shear but I am reaching here.

It looked like the vortmax and low development might initiate a decent batch of storms Friday Night.

But, it's SNE and like the last heat event in July 2011...nothing happened. Just how it goes sometimes....but I am a little intrigued about Friday night.

It looked like the vortmax and low development might initiate a decent batch of storms Friday Night.

But, it's SNE and like the last heat event in July 2011...nothing happened. Just how it goes sometimes....but I am a little intrigued about Friday night.

Yeah not a bad s/w and SLP up your way. It at least gives you guys a fighting chance for something. Maybe we will see a better defined mid level wind take shape on tomorrow's runs.

friday's front looks even slower

Definitely agree that the front is slower. There is also a bit of 30kt deep layer shear across the interior so there is probably going to be some multicell action.

shear is pathetic... we'll get a disorganized mess that splits around nnj

Archived