amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. But, it's lovely to have 25-35C daytime temps over the 16-20C in Waterloo ON.

IMO save the 25-35°C temperatures for the heart of summer. I'll take the 16-20°C temperatures for the remainder of the month! Maybe add in a few days between 20°-25°.

Edit:

Looking chilly tomorrow night!

temp34.gif

If its going to boring then let be it warm and sunny. Not cool and cloudy. IMO. The lack of thunderstorm days is noteable so i see where you are coming from stebo. Although last week was fun.

It's early May. We have 3+ months of severe weather chances to go. And actually the heart of our severe weather season locally (while the storms may not necessarily feature tornadoes, but rather damaging winds/wet microbursts) isn't until mid-late May through early July, then again in late August.

I really don't expect any active patterns to set up severe weather-wise in early May (other than the occasional day like we had on May 3rd), especially with the still cool lake waters surrounding us. Anything that happens at this point is considered a bonus.

That said, the forecasted tempertures are expected to be very May-like, and it doesn't look like we'll have to deal with stratocumulus very much in the near future, which is perfectly fine with me. The only strange thing is seeing all the trees in full bloom, where as in a normal season the buds would just be opening up by now.

Looks like those who chose an early/mid May chaser vacation are going to be disappointed.

Seems that every time a major meteorologist predicts a busy season, its safe to assume the opposite and cancel all storm chasing plans.

Picked up 0.21" of rain from midday showers. Been mostly to variably cloudy all day. Temperature has only managed a 54° reading during the day.

your last freezing temp is a week later than mine. how far are you from lake michigan?

your last freezing temp is a week later than mine. how far are you from lake michigan?

Really? I'm almost 5 miles away. And I'm away from the UHI for the most part. Had 31° the morning of the 27th. Probably had an offshore flow that night.

If its going to boring then let be it warm and sunny. Not cool and cloudy. IMO. The lack of thunderstorm days is noteable so i see where you are coming from stebo. Although last week was fun.

The 3rd was really hit-and-miss where I live and I didn't have time to drive far that day. The lake breeze pulled it's usual number on Ottowa, Allegan, and Kent counties. This spring is quite a disappointment so far for me in terms of thunderstorms.

The next two weeks look really quiet with a persistent NW flow off the 500 hPa ridge anchored over western half of the US. I suppose the SE states could use the rain in this pattern though, considering the long term drought they've been in.

Really? I'm almost 5 miles away. And I'm away from the UHI for the most part. Had 31° the morning of the 27th. Probably had an offshore flow that night.

yep last time i was below freezing was the 20th at 26°. I suppose I still have a chance at frost this spring but the odds are dwindling.

Archived