northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
May 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to be just about done with lake breezes for the season. They have lost their punch and cannot penetrate inland to me.

Hit 79F today.

Saukville FTW. Meanwhile Port Washington people get to enjoy their shriveled up freeze dried balls. See image below.

post-5896-0-62987300-1336780691_thumb.jp

Made it to 75*F with pretty much no clouds in the sky.

RAP has us pushing 80*F tomorrow. It wouldn't surprise it given how our temps have been overachieving the past 2 weeks, but I doubt we get that warm between the marginal temperature profiles and the potential cloud cover.

****y day here. Tried to go for long hike about 1-1/2 hours NW of here. Got there and it started raining. Thankfully I brought my rain gear but still was a **** day. Can't wait for the continuation of extra boring beautiful spring weather we have had. Starting to jones for those high dews and heat though. Would love to watch a powerhouse t-storm explode on a 97/70 type of day. Bring on the heat and humidity. Gearing up for the lake season!!!!

****y day here. Tried to go for long hike about 1-1/2 hours NW of here. Got there and it started raining. Thankfully I brought my rain gear but still was a **** day. Can't wait for the continuation of extra boring beautiful spring weather we have had. Starting to jones for those high dews and heat though. Would love to watch a powerhouse t-storm explode on a 97/70 type of day. Bring on the heat and humidity. Gearing up for the lake season!!!!

It looks like there might be a chance to get back into SW flow and summer-like temps/humidity (at least briefly) near the 20th. However, the Euro has a pesky cutoff low hanging out over the southeast US and somewhat blocky jet persisting so it doesn't look like a prolonged torch anytime soon. The Bermuda high just isn't in full gear yet. Not like it was back in March. lol It'd be nice to know what the meteorologists with access to longer range ensembles see.

NAEFS Outlook

Just looking at this map it looks like an easterly flow over the GL. Probably a Hudson Bay high in control to the north.

2012051200_054@007_E1_north@america_I_NAEFS@TEMPERATURE_anomaly@probability@combined@week2_198.png

That might change going forward here. The potential for a good warm-up is likely.

Not many will complain though if that verifies!!! Looks like more endless mid 70s and sun for most.

That waterfall is on the La Crosse River...The headwaters start right in the Fort McCoy area (around Tomah, WI). The La Crosse River ends at Riverside Park in La Crosse (empties into the Mississippi). The upper reaches of the river hold trout (brown, brook and rainbow). Not a very long river (50 miles or so?). Lot of white pine and oaks...

Beautiful weekend. Can't beat this weather. Cubs might even get swept...always good.

Archived