joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get how someone could enjoy 30's in May unless you just like to sit inside or are 300lbs and the extra padding keeps you warm. The time for enjoying cold weather is over, no more snow is coming.

lol

:facepalm:

Some of us are outside daily and 80/90's with high humidity isn't optimal wx ;)

And if thats directed at me boy are you wrong.. Running ~70 miles per week, shooting some hoops with your friends, doing work outside, etc. in blistering hot wx isn't fun let me tell you..

Every once in a while the heat is alright but if I could i'd take 60/70's with very low humidity and ample sunshine all spring /summer! :thumbsup:

A lot of people like heat I get that. Different strokes for different folks.. I'll let you guys have your fun in the summer. I'm not going to bitter troll or wish against anything ala Cromartie in Winter.. But just don't expect me to be "thumbsuping" and "wubbing" during hot humid days..

If there is something I like in the extended wx-wise i'll enjoy it..

I just don't get how someone could enjoy 30's in May unless you just like to sit inside or are 300lbs and the extra padding keeps you warm. The time for enjoying cold weather is over, no more snow is coming.

30's at night during may not that unusual around here. Will be beautiful bright sunny days.

:facepalm:

Some of us are outside daily and 80/90's with high humidity isn't optimal wx ;)

And if thats directed at me boy are you wrong.. Running ~70 miles weeks in summer in blistering hot wx isn't fun let me tell you..

Every once in a while the heat is alright but if I could i'd take 60/70's with very low humidity ample sunshine all spring /summer! :thumbsup:

A lot of people like heat I get that. Different strokes for different folks.. I'll let you guys have your fun in the summer.. But just don't expect me to be "thumbsuping" and "wubbing" during hot humid days..

:thumbsup:

I do field work often enough outside, so yeah I know how it is working outside in our typical summer weather too!

Cumulus seemed to have stopped the temperature rise at 80°.

78.9/70.3 at my house right now. Simply loving this weather!! Nothing like hearing the sound of your balls unsticking from your leg as you get up!

Hoping for many more days like this (or warmer/more humid) this summer!!

The southern end of the cell is just clinging to I94. Should be a good light show to our north later on.

More storms back building all the way to Verona. Looks like they are heading due east.

Hail incoming into the Milwaukee metro!

0200 PM HAIL 6 NE OCONOMOWOC 43.17N 88.41W

05/03/2012 M1.50 INCH WAUKESHA WI 911 CALL CENTER

Absolute scorcher by May standards out there. 88 degrees at CLE right now. If we hit 90, it will be the earliest 90 degree day on record, even if we hit 89 it would be earliest 89 degree day on record.

I'm not saying that 90's with high humidity is ideal, or even close to comfortable, but I just don't see a benefit to 30's in May. Everyone likes different weather, but I'm still waiting to hear what is so enjoyable about 30's this time of year. Upper 60's/mid 70's is great weather for being outside, but this time of year when you're talking 30 degrees lower then that I just am amazed that someone could enjoy that being outside.

I'm not saying that 90's with high humidity is ideal, or even close to comfortable, but I just don't see a benefit to 30's in May. Everyone likes different weather, but I'm still waiting to hear what is so enjoyable about 30's this time of year. Upper 60's/mid 70's is great weather for being outside, but this time of year when you're talking 30 degrees lower then that I just am amazed that someone could enjoy that being outside.

We're talking 30's for lows. And probably upper 30's at worst at that.. I don't think most people are even up that early enough to have to "endure" those 30's.. And usually when you are looking at those lows this time of the year they indicate that during the day it will be sunny and that means temps will shoot up nicely into the 60's.. Perfect wx..

And as for me personally I love the nice crisp air that accompanies those upper 30's/ 40's May early mornings.. Perfect for an early morning run although the more normal 50/60 degree mornings aren't bad at all either obviously..

Also nothing like sleeping with the windows open with that nice chill..

We're talking 30's for lows. And probably upper 30's at worst at that.. I don't think most people are even up that early enough to have to "endure" those 30's.. And usually when you are looking at those lows this time of the year they indicate that during the day it will be sunny and that means temps will shoot up nicely into the 60's.. Perfect wx..

And as for me personally I love the nice crisp air that accompanies those upper 30's/ 40's May early mornings.. Perfect for an early morning run although the more normal 50/60 degree mornings aren't bad at all either obviously..

Also nothing like sleeping with the windows open with that nice chill..

this

just peaked at the GFS and it shows the northern lakes getting awfully chilly at night 30s/low 40s. Yet daytime highs surge some 30 degrees by day. 61-66 with pure sun is top shelf! As long as frost isnt an issue this is just a blip on the radar.

Looks great...high pressure in control...cool nights, but should warm up nicely with May sunshine...

ecmwfNA_850_temp_144.gif

I'd prefer that we don't jump into summer too fast...we need some days in the upper 60Fs and low 70Fs... which to me is a perfect temp range...I can handle up until about 80F-82F and then I get swamp ###... last summer was brutal.

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA

0420 PM EDT THU MAY 03 2012

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT FORT WAYNE...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 87 DEGREES WAS SET AT FORT WAYNE

TODAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 87 SET IN 1955. THIS STATEMENT

WILL BE UPDATED IF THE TEMPERATURE RISES FURTHER THROUGH THE REST OF

THE EVENING.

Archived