• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

The broken line of decaying storms dropped 0.06" here early this morning. Still a huge area of clouds associated with festering elevated convection out over Iowa. Think we'll have another round of decaying western Iowa sloppy seconds after midnight tonight here.

Compared to yesterdays MCV, this is a lot less organized and robust...it shouldn't have the same staying power but yeah...mid/upper 80s looks unlikely.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that satellite image bears it out. Oh well, the blue sky will be nice while it lasts for the next 30 minutes lol.

far sw edge of that complex continues to flare a little but should start dying here before too long as it loses llcoolj support. Either way, the whole complex did some damage to the position of the effective warmfront and we'll be slow to warm compared to earlier thoughts.

far sw edge of that complex continues to flare a little but should start dying here before too long as it loses llcoolj support. Either way, the whole complex did some damage to the position of the effective warmfront and we'll be slow to warm compared to earlier thoughts.

I don't know, on Wunderground's obs maps, there are a couple sites already reporting 71F. Considering the projected high is around 78, it wouldn't take a ton of sun to approach that.

TWC currently places the warm front from the WI/IA/IL border ESE to the south suburbs of Chicago. I would think it drifts NE from there the rest of the day. MKX thinks the warm front will be squarely in the CWA by evening, while LOT thinks it will be along the WI/IL border. Who knows at this point?

I don't know, on Wunderground's obs maps, there are a couple sites already reporting 71F. Considering the projected high is around 78, it wouldn't take a ton of sun to approach that.

78 is doable, i was talking about the mid 80s we were talking about 24-36 hours ago.

How is that near 90 you were calling for today working out...my point is down to 74...the game has changed. I'm sure the 12z hi-res will show this as well.

Things look to be working out better in the destabilization department than they often do. Usually the cloud debris hangs on longer. Mostly sunny for the moment.

Things look to be working out better in the destabilization department than they often do. Usually the cloud debris hangs on longer. Mostly sunny for the moment.

you'll make a run late but as the map i posted above shows...you have a long ways to go with a large pool of stablized air to your west/southwest and outflow pushing well south.

Heavy rain potential starting to look very real. 6z and 12z GFS bear that out, and the St. Louis (LSX) WRF has been showing the threat for days.

hpc has had your area in 2-3 inches for days now...gfs is clearly struggling with convective issues though.

Archived