SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cloudy, damp, and chilly yet again this morning. An area of rain is moving in from the south. The nws has chopped off several degrees from the forecasted high today and even that may be optimistic. The temp already came up well short Sunday and Monday. This is getting old.

Cloudy, damp, and chilly yet again this morning. An area of rain is moving in from the south. The nws has chopped off several degrees from the forecasted high today and even that may be optimistic. The temp already came up well short Sunday and Monday. This is getting old.

happens every spring, warm fronts are always slower/south of guidance. We'll get there tomorrow.

I wore shorts today hoping we would make a run at 70. What a surprise, we're socked in with clouds and mid 50s still. :axe:

Same story down here. 55°, solid overcast. Humid too, 83%. Rain is incoming from the south!

Yeah the point forecast from yesterday was for 77 here today. LOL, not gonna happen. Only 54 right now, with a huge area of cold/stratified rain moving in. As Alek mentioned, this type of thing is very common this time of year so I'm not surprised at all. Just gonna make the heat later this weak all the more dramatic.

Picked up 0.10" so far, with some heavier returns spiraling in from the south. It has warmed up a bit though, one degree to 55 lol.

If the 4km NAM is correct tomorrow's temps could be tempered quite a bit as well. It shows a large complex diving south through the region during the morning. We would definitely be warmer than today, but 80+ may be a long shot if it evolves that way. Thursday on the other hand looks like a slam dunk for full heating potential. At least at this point lol.

Well I would assume the warm front is on the doorstep, hence the reason the Chicago area has been in the 60s most of the day while we're stuck in the low to mid 50s. That should be the focus for an MCS tonight, but I'm to the point of taking the opposite of what the models say.

Only 54° here with the warm front stalled to the southwest. Few showers passing through. MCS' usually like to run the boundary between warm humid, and cool.

Yeah, hopefully that's our payoff for this crappy day, the warm front sweeping through overnight as the LLJ ramps up.

Archived