• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Unsettled cool weather ends April, what does May bring

Ginx snewx

wow a tale of two airmasses.....obs from just to my sw are full sun and upper 60s low 70s sounds like an incredible evening!

Man your temperatures and obs relative to the rest of New England are about on par with when I get upslope snows that affects only 4-5 New England counties.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope I was lying, fibbing..........lol pretty funny that anyone would question anyones obs, mostly sunny skies now making a run at 70 as expected lol.

I don't think anyone questions anyone's observations on here... more the personal interpretation of observations ;)

Enjoy and have a nice evening LL... you better be grillin' and chillin' if the suns out.

Yea highly isolated to HBY. Mostly sunny?

It's not mostly sunny anywhere, at least not by the definition an automated station would use. Perhaps in an instant enough clouds break up to be mostly sunny, but the automated stations use a 30 minute average with double weighting on the most recent ten minutes, so for consistency sake even if the sky goes clear or mostly sunny for 5 or 10 minutes and then clouds back up (like this afternoon), it still clocks in as mostly cloudy.

Not bad at all for interior CT..I'll take it

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with intervals of sunshine. High: 67 inland, 65 shore.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy with showers likely. Low: 50. High: 70 inland, 65 shore.

Friday: Mostly cloudy and warm, showers and thunderstorms likely. Low: 56. High: 82 inland, 79 shore.

Saturday: A mix of clouds and sun with a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 59. High: 81 inland, 78 shore.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy with showers likely. Low: 50. High: 70 inland, 65 shore.

Friday: Mostly cloudy and warm, showers and thunderstorms likely. Low: 56. High: 82 inland, 79 shore.

Saturday: A mix of clouds and sun with a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 59. High: 81 inland, 78 shore.

That's a nice MEX read and rip right there.

What hat are you pulling these state-wide forecasts from?

There's little doubt even on the mild Euro that Fri/Sat and maybe Sunday hit 70 or higher in CT..80's too high obviously unless GFS is correct

I'm wondering if all but one day sees 70 or better. Unless you are in Danbury but looking that way.

Archived