• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Unsettled cool weather ends April, what does May bring

Ginx snewx

The rest of this week looks cold and dank for eastern MA. Heqring to Princeton,NJ Friday where thankfully temps should be in the 80s though Saturday. Sooner or later, east coastal areas must spend time in the barrel every spring. That time is now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

41/40, looks like this is the first morning in a while that hasn't been down in the 20's here. Looks like we had some low twenties this past week. I thought I'd return to parched ground and temps in the high 90's. I guess I should toss the KFS. This is how late April/ early May should look. Still over 100" otg at Long Lake and that's at low elevation (800').

Wait, the KFS had days and days of 70s-80s

I'm pretty happy with things turning out. I did think Friday would be warmer about 5-6 days ago, but by Monday..it looked like a fail for at least here and most of SNE. It still could be milder if we don't see shwrs/tstms...but looks like that is in the cards. But, I'll just look ahead from now on and not talk temps. Looks like seasonable weather early next week perhaps farther inland, but onshore flow and low to the south moves in with cooler and more inclement weather later in the week. Just don't see any torch at all.

I'm pretty happy with things turning out. I did think Friday would be warmer about 5-6 days ago, but by Monday..it looked like a fail for at least here and most of SNE. It still could be milder if we don't see shwrs/tstms...but looks like that is in the cards. But, I'll just look ahead from now on and not talk temps. Looks like seasonable weather early next week perhaps farther inland, but onshore flow and low to the south moves in with cooler and more inclement weather later in the week. Just don't see any torch at all.

even some elevated boomers over e areas on friday?

first prolonged stretch of fugly spring weather is underway

even some elevated boomers over e areas on friday?

first prolonged stretch of fugly spring weather is underway

I'm surprised how many people yesterday (including mets) were throwing up 70s out this way..even 80 near BDL for Friday. I guess they were tainted by the recent torch.

Yeah it looks region wide too.

Boomer potential looks interesting. Just looking at it now.

yeah hope we can score some more rains too...looks promising. certainly not a dry pattern - doesn't mean we cash in but better than deep layer dry NW continental flow.

watching this week/pattern unfold is pretty funny. just illustrates how critical the north atlantic is for new england weather.

yeah hope we can score some more rains too...looks promising. certainly not a dry pattern - doesn't mean we cash in but better than deep layer dry NW continental flow.

watching this week/pattern unfold is pretty funny. just illustrates how critical the north atlantic is for new england weather.

I think best chance may be further west, closer to warmfront.

Archived