• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Substantial drought relief rains en-route?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a cloud in the sky up here... a little high thin milky moisture way up high at like 30,000ft but other than that nothing.

This was about an hour ago as the shadows started growing on the east side. Just chillin' at 4K awaiting snow or rain, haha.

Nice. Did you skin up for sunset? Always love to chill out for a while after the ascent and take in the sights. The descents you earn are a little sweeter too.

Yeah GFS is east. Still not sure if that is the final resting place, but if the first wave is a little stronger, it might be kick the baroclinic zone east.

Eh, what baroclinic axis their is to begin with... I have 2 to 3 isopleths, tops, worth of thickness "packing" along that axis.... Not thrilled with that. I was discussing this earlier - without those gradients a lesser evolved surface solution is still on the table as a possible outcome for this thing.

Eh, what baroclinic axis their is to begin with... I have 2 to 3 isopleths, tops, worth of thickness "packing" along that axis.... Not thrilled with that. I was discussing this earlier - without those gradients a lesser evolved surface solution is still on the table as a possible outcome for this thing.

Hmm Euro ENS disagree

63d02571.jpg

Well if you look at theta-e, there is a decent gradient. Temps might not be overly different, but the airmass Td difference is pretty big which may help. It's April so it can be tough to get 960 bombs, but I see this becoming a pretty strong low somewhere in the northeast.

LOL...

so now it looks like Saturday would be the day that features the heaviest rains? Just looked at the 18z GFS/0z NAM and noth have a major slug of precip out ahead of the front and then the front moves offshore and low development is just off to our east so eastern MA would probably get the most from this.

Honestly I would even be surprised if we saw very little rain at all along the front even those both the NAM/GFS have juicy RH fields...watch them dry up as we get closer.

I don't even know what to think...I'm doing something Sat. and I told everyone it was going to be nice out and near 70F :axe:

Lol... GFS says, "When in doubt, go uneventful."

Why would this be any different than the last 6 months?

bookender ...would not be different :)

but HPC guys are biting hard.....this could be a central appalachian elevation snow bomb ....a seven springs pa snow shoe wv biggest event of year

Archived