• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Substantial drought relief rains en-route?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it matters for winter, but he doesn't like 2001 and I'm not sure of that fit either.

01 has been showing up, but it was in jest Scooter lol, forecasting 7 days out is difficult enough. Although I would love to see a very weak Nino. We have been blessed over the last 10-15 yrs, its entirely possible that another 80's run is on the way or that the good times continue, who knows.

01 has been showing up, but it was in jest Scooter lol, forecasting 7 days out is difficult enough. Although I would love to see a very weak Nino. We have been blessed over the last 10-15 yrs, its entirely possible that another 80's run is on the way or that the good times continue, who knows.

I meant more for the summer. This year as we head into weak Nino and likely +NAO...should be warmer than normal, but not like last 2 summers. As for next winter..who knows. It may be Nino, but not sure of the AO/NAO. If it's weak Nino...it probably will be a good thing.

Some peeks of blue this morning. Kennebec in AUG just inching above the 12' flood stage - city has the sawhorses ready but only a small puddle in the west side parking lot so far. Sandy and Carrabasset got a bit higher, 13K and 11.2K cfs respectively, than I'd thought, but no issues and they're both receding now. (For contrast, Irene brought the Carrabasset flow to over 30K, blowing out several roads and marooning the folks around Sugarloaf.) My total precip since Sat sunset is 2.74", 0.10" from the CF early Sunday, the rest from the main event, easily the largest precip event since Irene. Drought cancel, for now anyway. This should allow the hydro ponds to fill.

I meant more for the summer. This year as we head into weak Nino and likely +NAO...should be warmer than normal, but not like last 2 summers. As for next winter..who knows. It may be Nino, but not sure of the AO/NAO. If it's weak Nino...it probably will be a good thing.

shhh....don't tell JB that....

Some peeks of blue this morning. Kennebec in AUG just inching above the 12' flood stage - city has the sawhorses ready but only a small puddle in the west side parking lot so far. Sandy and Carrabasset got a bit higher, 13K and 11.2K cfs respectively, than I'd thought, but no issues and they're both receding now. (For contrast, Irene brought the Carrabasset flow to over 30K, blowing out several roads and marooning the folks around Sugarloaf.) My total precip since Sat sunset is 2.74", 0.10" from the CF early Sunday, the rest from the main event, easily the largest precip event since Irene. Drought cancel, for now anyway. This should allow the hydro ponds to fill.

Had 4.00" on the nose here, The yard is a swamp

:weenie: :weenie: double bun worthy

I turned the 99 restaurant into a weenie bar during the start of the big Jan 2005 blizzard. I was with some friends having a few beers right as it started snowing and I told the bartender to put on TWC. I told everyone that they'll remember this storm for a long time..lol. The whole bar was hooked.

I turned the 99 restaurant into a weenie bar during the start of the big Jan 2005 blizzard. I was with some friends having a few beers right as it started snowing and I told the bartender to put on TWC. I told everyone that they'll remember this storm for a long time..lol. The whole bar was hooked.

awesome!

lol, That's good stuff

I said that after 2006-07 and the winter that followed that disaster wasn't much better.

Not up here..lol. I wouldn't be shocked of we had a meh winter, but I'm not thinking that right now...just wouldn't be shocked. Meh meaning 75% or so of normal snow. If we do indeed have a weak Nino..you'd still have snow chances with ridging out west. However if we have a +AO/NAO...might be cstl hugger? Who knows at this point...it's not even a lock of weak Nino either.

Archived