• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Substantial drought relief rains en-route?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want this to bomb near the BM and bring someone the goods. Whether we get 50kt winds or 4" of slop at ORH..lets just get something interesting. Euro wasn't far from that..lol. Still pretty far out and this may waffle a little more.

Amen. I'm bummed Pete won't be around if snow is falling in the Berks. Though I know many of you would rather not hear about it.

We'll know if it gets exciting if ORH_wx starts posting again, especially about any snow chances. At least this is injecting some life into the board.

No kidding. Yeah what do surface temps like? Phil mentioned a closed 30F contour over NYS/VT?

I do think this could be an example where the Catskills?Dack get hammered above like 2,000-2,500ft and the Whites are raining. Classic tuck job per EURO

Really not that unusual in these April storms to see snow down at 2000ft in the Catskills/Taconics/Poconoes while it's pouring up here.

For under 2000ft I want to see H85s at least -4C or lower.

Amen. I'm bummed Pete won't be around if snow is falling in the Berks. Though I know many of you would rather not hear about it.

We'll know if it gets exciting if ORH_wx starts posting again, especially about any snow chances. At least this is injecting some life into the board.

Will always has a better shot of snow than many of us here in ern areas even in the winter. Your weenie should perk up if he does, because he has elevation. This winter I was on the outside looking in..lol. To me right now, it looks like a decent rain event for many of us..probably ending as snow up there.

Well right, but it's possible it doesn't move around all that much. When I mean waffle...I mean like a 100+ mile displacement. It's not a lock that it does that, hence the "may."

Yeah well, the EURO literally just jumped 400 miles east along with the CMC. It's 144 hours out. If guidance can 'waffle' within 100-150 miles, that's impressive.

Really not that unusual in these April storms to see snow down at 2000ft in the Catskills/Taconics/Poconoes while it's pouring up here.

For under 2000ft I want to see H85s at least -4C or lower.

Yeah I would want to see some 850's atleast at -4C, which the 12z Euro advertises at 12z Monday. Even with the impressive dynamics of this storm, it'll be hard for this to be significant in 'civilization' in terms of snow without a cooler profile.

Yeah well, the EURO literally just jumped 400 miles east along with the CMC. It's 144 hours out. If guidance can 'waffle' within 100-150 miles, that's impressive.

What are you trying to say? I used the word "may" to describe some uncertainties. Not sure what your point is.

Gun to head, is East trend BS?

Well all the models have the same idea. Low pressure curling back into SNE. Euro is just offshore while many curl right into SNE. So I think the east shift from the Appalachians probably is believable to a point. Models seem to be locking in on a general track, but who's to say it can't go back east or west by 50-100 miles when we are 5+ days out?

What are you trying to say? I used the word "may" to describe some uncertainties. Not sure what your point is.

No, no, not saying anything towards your statement, I'm just saying we are still at a juncture where large shifts can still occur.

I was thrown off by your 'whaffle' I think. Usually when I hear whaffle i think smaller shifts. My b.

Lots of interactions that need to be sorted out for something like this to end up threading the needle to for snow chances, except for higher elevations, which most have said.

No, no, not saying anything towards your statement, I'm just saying we are still at a juncture where large shifts can still occur.

I was thrown off by your 'whaffle' I think. Usually when I hear whaffle i think smaller shifts. My b.

Lots of interactions that need to be sorted out for something like this to end up threading the needle to for snow chances, except for higher elevations, which most have said.

Oh ok...I just meant more or less...shifting around.

Archived