• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Substantial drought relief rains en-route?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pete (and maybe not just pete) would get accumulating snow on the euro. wow.

impressive system as modeled on that run.

How are the mtns up here? Or too far SE?

I could see a tuck scenario where the coldest air wraps back into the Catskills and Berks while NNE sees rain to the summit of MWN.

Thankfully he'll be in Alaska..so the only person that would see snow in SNE won't be around. Expect farther shifts east too

it's still 5+ days out so whatever but on that run he wouldn't be the only one. Logan11, Powderfreak, Mitch, maybe Dendrite for a time, even parts of NW CT. the euro is really cold.

How are the mtns up here? Or too far SE?

I could see a tuck scenario where the coldest air wraps back into the Catskills and Berks while NNE sees rain to the summit of MWN.

That thing cuts right from PVD to ALB with thicknesses above 540dm and 850's below freezing.

Can't see qpf though. Probably some of that is snow Monday night...can't see surface temps though.

Tip wins with the progressive pattern.. tough to lock off a cutoff in this environment. Still needs to be taken with grain of salt..since we haven't had a coastal since October..Think about that...October..6 months

It's still going to cutoff, it's a matter of where. Pattern supports that, but location TBD.

That thing cuts right from PVD to ALB with thicknesses above 540dm and 850's below freezing.

Can't see qpf though. Probably some of that is snow Monday night...can't see surface temps though.

cold pool as low cuts in, probably rain to wet snow for the higher elevations, possibly lower elevation snow showers by Tuesday morning per EURO and 850s -2 to -5C

More pics of tables buried at 4K en route...lol.

I an pull a couple chairs out of the summit lodge if you'd like too ;)

However in all honestly not feeling snow out of this. It's not much of a lock compared with the recent upslope event...anyone could see for days that would bury the mountains. Just get a closed low into northern ME then game on. LOL

yeah that run clocks the high elevations. Dacks' would be a nice spot to be in that one. if Powderfreak takes a summit trip, i think he would just start as snow.

I just want this to bomb near the BM and bring someone the goods. Whether we get 50kt winds or 4" of slop at ORH..lets just get something interesting. Euro wasn't far from that..lol. Still pretty far out and this may waffle a little more.

cold pool as low cuts in, probably rain to wet snow for the higher elevations, possibly lower elevation snow showers by Tuesday morning per EURO and 850s -2 to -5C

No kidding. Yeah what do surface temps like? Phil mentioned a closed 30F contour over NYS/VT?

I do think this could be an example where the Catskills?Dack get hammered above like 2,000-2,500ft and the Whites are raining. Classic tuck job per EURO

I just want this to bomb near the BM and bring someone the goods. Whether we get 50kt winds or 4" of slop at ORH..lets just get something interesting. Euro wasn't far from that..lol. Still pretty far out and this may waffle a little more.

that's what i was thinking...as the run was coming out...at around hr 120 or so i thought it might park itself near or just S of ACK and really be a true spring nor'easter / drought buster

Archived