joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

62 and lovely this afternoon! This is perfect. Sometimes it feels like I have that seasonal affective disorder with all that winter gloom, but as soon as that warm spring sun shines out it's just business as usual :D. If only every March could be like this..winter is way to long

So met winter was pretty much top 5, top 10 warmest for most folks. Adding the first 3 weeks of March into the mix probably pushes this winter (astronomical) into first place for most places.

If you counted winter from Dec through March. I'm pretty sure this would have been the warmest winter for this area. If not 2nd

It sure is a nice change of pace from my first 2 WI winters.

Try living this crap all the time. Canada is like some seasonal prison. You can't go much more south than here. We get four months or so to actual enjoy the outdoors then the rest of the year is too cold and unpredictable. I wish we had an actual proper Florida and not just southern Ontario :whistle:

Try living this crap all the time. Canada is like some seasonal prison. You can't go much more south than here. We get four months or so to actual enjoy the outdoors then the rest of the year is too cold and unpredictable. I wish we had an actual proper Florida and not just southern Ontario :whistle:

Plenty of Canadians immigrate to Florida or just go there part of the year, lots of Canadian flags along the beach. I'm definitely moving back to the tropics when college is done, seasonal prisons aren't fun.

Pending some freak jump, my high will go down in the books at 79.0F, currently sitting at 77.7F with a dew point of 58.7F. Just stunning for mid March. The daffodils are almost blooming and the trees are starting to kick into high gear now and may pop any day!

Beautiful day today! Today was the first time I actually didn't have to work and could enjoy the day. I agree that the tree buds are already starting to shoot buds. Are the leaves really just around the corner? This is insane, even the low temperatures are well above the average highs for this time of year. Hopefully we can get some decent storms tomorrow too.

Ludington, MI was in the 70s today with a SW wind. What gives? Is Lake Michigan that warm?

I have been there before at the campground in late May/early June. The State Park will be 50F because of the lake but you go inland just a mile or so and it was in the 70s & 80s. At the lake the breeze seemed to be right off the lake while just inland it came from the south. It would create like a 'lake front' As the day progressed it would get much cooler further inland as the 'lake front' would move eastward.

I have been there before at the campground in late May/early June. The State Park will be 50F because of the lake but you go inland just a mile or so and it was in the 70s & 80s. At the lake the breeze seemed to be right off the lake while just inland it came from the south. It would create like a 'lake front' As the day progressed it would get much cooler further inland as the 'lake front' would move eastward.

Very familar with this. I remember camping over memorial weekend in 2003 near Manistee. On Friday night we were basically on Lake Michigan stiff wind of the lk temps were in the 40's. It was miserable. Next day we found a camp site near Honor well inland. Temps were in 70's very comfortable.

2-2.5 miles

Ok... Around here if the wind is out of the southeast it is cooler, but the western part of the county will be untouched by the lake cooling for that wind trajectory. Kind of a similar situation.

Wow, Weatherbug sensor at Stangel Elementary in Manitowoc, High 49°F(9°C)! Denmark HS just NW of there: 76°F (24°C)

Archived