• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

61 and +34 on the avg low of 27 out there right now... That would be like 97 in july at 5 am. Looking forward to some backdoor action this afternoon and tomorrow and then a return to beautiful weather this weekend.

Good luck to all the Illanoy teams in the Big Dance!

Why i say lets get this kind of extreme warmth out of the way now while it does not feel so bad!

The record low max for here is 51 and this looks to get blown away. It did dip to 61 but currently at 62. Some storms just west of here though which may cause it to drop a few. Look to blow a few of these records out the door over the next few days or so. Hell the normals for today here are 24/46!

Pretty incredible stuff for sure.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

70Fs continue on until Weds... Some fog earlier, but it looks like we broke out of that. Front moved through here dropping dews back down into the 40Fs..

La Crosse mentioned in their disco that the long range pattern could bring in a short lived cool down towards the end of the month and then more warmth.

Yeah...looking out that far is a little iffy, but at least its hinting at something. We'll bounce back one way or another ...and we will need rain at some point. I remember not long ago we had a good stretch of sun and mild and then we went nearly a week with clouds.

Be interesting what farmers do. You'd have to think that a lot of fields are workable.

I have spring/summer job at the golf course in town here. Lots of areas that dont get alot of sun and the last of the frost in those areas is just coming out now. Still pretty wet, so I am guessing quite a few fields are still wet as well but it shouldnt be long. Also of note is that in areas that do get alot of sun it is as dry as I have seen it in the spring. Moisture is needed and conditions are worse to the west.

My driveway (all of it not hit by the sun) was soaking wet yesterday, so I figure the frost was coming out of the ground there and while digging in some shaded areas there was still a layer of ice under the woodchips (which are insulating), so yeah...still some frost. I'm thinking all those fields up on top (Nodine to Rochester) of the bluff must be pretty much in planting condition, although I doubt anyone risks planting so early. I guess down south (Mississippi) they are done planting!

NWS still thinks 73F...haven't looked at visible..but I swear it was misting on me while I was out gardening.

Kind of nice working weather... I'm building a new bed of peaches and i've had to move a ton (literally) of soil. I was working last night after the sun went down for a few hours too.

Trying to accomplish anything and watch 3 little kids is nearly impossible. I have to stop about every 3 minutes.

Archived