EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March 2012 General Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good thing is even if the euro is right its just a quick in and out shot of cooler weather.. would like to see it set up shop a littl further west and stick around a little longer to hopefully get one perfect night of temp crashing conditions.

I would be floored to see anything but the guidance following the seasonal trends of transient , progressive and weak cool shots.

Soon, we'll be getting into the warm ground temps debate again if a snow storm threatens late month/early April.

Snow cover maps can be deceptive though. But, it looks like a huge chunk of Ontario is on the verge of being snow free. I'm sure this is quite a shock to the senses for those in the Northwoods and the U.P. of Michigan. A lot of places in the U.P. are pretty much bare and after the next few days, they'll be toast. I'm sure a boat load of winter sports trips have been cancelled this week.

nsm_depth_2012031605_National.jpg

When we do level off and return to normal in April it's going to be a shock to the system! Normal highs in the mid/upper 50s feel real chilly compared to 75. Like I said, it won't be a real opening day for the Tigers unless it's in the low 40s with a brisk NE wind and wet flurries. Its just the way it goes around here.

I was just thinking this. These +30 degree temperature anomalies have effectively spoiled those nice sunny 58 degree days in April that are 10-12 degrees above normal. People will be crying where's spring? until we have weeklong stretches in the 70s again.

never before the one this evening have I ever looked forward to going to a wedding rehersal before - especially one in March.. Hard to believe in less than 3 hrs we'll be leaving the 50's and sitting out on a patio overlooking Lake Nagawicka sipping wine and tipping beers with temps in the 70's. Tomorrow pushing 80 for a march wedding - wtf that is hard to do in May.

Fairly intense cell going up west of Madison!

MKX_loop.gif

248 PM CDT FRI MAR 16 2012

...STRONG THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPING OVER SOUTHWEST SAUK COUNTY...

AT 237 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

STRONG THUNDERSTORM 20 MILES SOUTH OF REEDSBURG...MOVING NORTH AT 15

MPH.

NICKEL SIZE HAIL IS POSSIBLE WITH THIS STORM.

* THE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR...

HILL POINT AND LOGANVILLE BY 315 PM CDT...

the top on that thing shot up in a hurry

http://www.ssec.wisc...wisgifloop.html

Yup, once a thermal breaks the cap it has a free path to the top of the troposphere. These first few cells are going to lay down outflow boundaries which should kick off even more storms, and on a day like this upscale development to an MCS is quite possible.

Archived