• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
More Snow? Choose sides

ski MRG

We're going to have at least one more major storm with significant accumulations. That's my call and I'm not just saying it I really think it will happen. It will be warm and sunny today and I plan on enjoying it by skiing with the family at the BEast. I pretty much enjoy everyday Scott. If it's hot and humid I don't particularly enjoy the weather but you can bet I'll be on a golf course enjoying how much farther my drives go than when it's 50 degrees. If its 40 with a strong east wind and sheet drizzle I'll enjoy it by trout/salmon fishing. The weather doesn't get me down really. I've learned you can't fight the weather you need to work with what comes your way. That said, the death of the snowpack and ski season is the most depressing time of year. For today, however, skiing lives on and fun will be had. Oh, next year is going to be awesome!!!!

I'm just ribbing ya man... I know you live life to the fullest regardless of weather. Jealous of your AK trip later in the spring.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just ribbing ya man... I know you live life to the fullest regardless of weather. Jealous of your AK trip later in the spring.

I'm very lucky to have my best friend living in AK. I only need to spring for air fare. Right now he is guiding some German nature photographers in the Talkeetnas. They aren't skiers though. They're shhoting the northern lights and mountainscapes. Big bucks. I'm working on getting a building project going there and am trying to swing it to move up there in the next few years. It's simply the most awesome place I've ever been.

Spring-like day here after a morning low in the 20's. Sap is flowing. Glad to see Blizz's illusory torch already being dismantled by the models. I guess we won'tsee 90 in March afterall.

LOL-still a good torch signal overall for the next several weeks....sure there could be a cutoff or backdoor, but man, do we torch through end of March.

Blizz is out of control spreading the early leaf out fallicy. People fall for this Lucy/Charlie Brown trick every year. A little Spring fever and they forget climo and geography.

And photoperiod, by far the leading driver of leaf-out phenology for most trees and shrubs. Early season warmth can advance the process by perhaps 10 days, and late season cold can retard it probably more than that, but the native trees are pretty well adapted to avoiding late spring frost-kill, 1999 and 2010 notwithstanding.

For snow, VimTootLand might be the place. CAR sees possibility of advisory-level snows up there midweek.

Euro ensembles looking ominous for the March 26-29 period...ripe for a cutoff

The party ends by late month.

High nosing in from Hudson bay with available cold and a trough over the NE with a ridge in the plains...and trough just offshore the PAC NW....good spring cutoff pattern for winter wx

LOL-still a good torch signal overall for the next several weeks....sure there could be a cutoff or backdoor, but man, do we torch through end of March.

Not.

MRG taking a beating, live pic from this morning, okemo webcams looked pretty dicey as well, hope they get some snow soon to stop the bleeding.

Just brutal joe...just brutal...

This torch will not make everyone happy...but mrg will live to fight another day

The weather has been beyond boring over the last 6 months outside a freak storm in October, many complain that I have talked about the same warmth over and over, well I have been. Its reality, as much as we all would have loved nor' easters and snowstorm after snowstorm it was not to be this year. I mentioned that this will be the 13th straight above normal month at BDR. Hopefully we can manage a few cutoffs or nor'easters this spring and slowly move to a weak nino for next winter, here is a look back at the last 6 months at ORH starting with September.

sep +3.5

oct +2.1

nov +6.5

dec +6.7

jan +5.1

feb +6.0

mar???? warmest of all?

MRG taking a beating, live pic from this morning, okemo webcams looked pretty dicey as well, hope they get some snow soon to stop the bleeding.

West Chesterfield, MA

Overnight: Isolated showers before 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 47. West wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 57. West wind between 5 and 14 mph.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. North wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Thursday: Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: A chance of showers, mainly before 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 66.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 66.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.

Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Not always the case, but these ridiculous early warm spells are many times followed by an equally nasty cold shot.

There's plenty of cold air just waiting for a conduit to plunge south.

I see a potent Miller A in the next few weeks.

Agreed. How's it going ? I miss reading your OT posts. One of the few bright spots in that fetid cave.

Just a little WWA for 12-20" w/gusts to 40mph. My friends are en route to Girdwood for a Powdah fest. Damn.

WESTERN PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND-

INCLUDING...WHITTIER...SEWARD...GIRDWOOD...MOOSE PASS

1230 PM AKDT WED MAR 14 2012

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR BLOWING SNOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM

AKDT THIS EVENING FROM WHITTIER TO EASTERN TURNAGAIN ARM...

.TODAY...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION 12 TO 20 INCHES...HIGHEST AMOUNTS

NORTH OF SEWARD. VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED TO LESS THAN HALF A

MILE AT TIMES DUE TO BLOWING SNOW FROM WHITTIER TO EASTERN TURNAGAIN

ARM. HIGHS IN THE 30S. NORTH TO EAST WINDS 15 MPH. WHITTIER TO

EASTERN TURNAGAIN ARM...EAST WINDS 15 TO 30 MPH. LOCAL GUSTS TO 40

MPH NEAR PORTAGE.

.TONIGHT...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION 3 TO 6 INCHES. LOWS IN THE LOWER

20S TO LOWER 30S. NORTH TO EAST WINDS 15 MPH.

.THURSDAY...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE

30S. VARIABLE WIND TO 10 MPH. NEAR SEWARD...NORTH WIND 15 MPH.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...SNOW LIKELY. LOWS IN THE MID TEENS TO LOWER

30S...COOLEST INLAND. LIGHT WINDS EXCEPT NORTH 10 TO 15 MPH NEAR

SEWARD.

.FRIDAY...SNOW LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE 30S. LIGHT WINDS EXCEPT NORTH

10 TO 15 MPH NEAR SEWARD.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS

15 TO 25.

.SATURDAY THROUGH TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW.

HIGHS IN THE 30S. LOWS 15 TO 25

Archived