12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
More Snow? Choose sides

ski MRG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am literally watching snow disappear by the half hour... the exact opposite of a snowstorm when you can see it increasing by the half hour.

51F and raining right now with some very strong wind gusts from time to time. The clouds off the deck are moving incredibly fast. Summit at 4,000ft is sustained 50mph gusting over 70mph.

I am literally watching snow disappear by the half hour... the exact opposite of a snowstorm when you can see it increasing by the half hour.

51F and raining right now with some very strong wind gusts from time to time. The clouds off the deck are moving incredibly fast. Summit at 4,000ft is sustained 50mph gusting over 70mph.

Ryan posted my worries today about a very early end to ski season. Euro is brutal with high temps and high dews

I hope there is more snow.. but it doesn't look good for the time being.

The nice thing is it's so early. There is plenty of time for a decent prolonged cold shot and more snow. Despite the current warmth good things will happen. That's my call. They don't call April the cruelest month for nothin'. I can't wait to see the long faces when snow falls on the warministas parade.

Record warmth up here today at Burlington and Montpelier.

Any records in SNE?

I can't believe how warm it still is at 6pm on March 9th. Even the coldest spot in New England, God's Country, absolutely torched today.

Chesterfield, MA at 1200ft had a high of 64F...2,000ft in Peru showing a high of 60F...Otis and Chester at nearly 1,500ft both highs of 62F.

Up here we had a high of 59F at MVL at 730ft... though MPV at 1,200ft hit a record of 61F (old record was 57F).

Just impressive stuff.

Ryan posted my worries today about a very early end to ski season. Euro is brutal with high temps and high dews

Yeah while its not looking promising for mid/late April... I still think March 22 you threw out yesterday is premature. I could see like Easter weekend though (April 8) being the last hurrah if this keeps up.

Any records in SNE?

I can't believe how warm it still is at 6pm on March 9th. Even the coldest spot in New England, God's Country, absolutely torched today.

Chesterfield, MA at 1200ft had a high of 64F...2,000ft in Peru showing a high of 60F...Otis and Chester at nearly 1,500ft both highs of 62F.

Up here we had a high of 59F at MVL at 730ft... though MPV at 1,200ft hit a record of 61F (old record was 57F).

Just impressive stuff.

BOS broke a record...and ORH either tied or beat it. It was tied last check.

BOS broke a record...and ORH either tied or beat it. It was tied last check.

ORH tied...their final was 64F...weird side stat for ORH...their record low and record high for this date occurred in consecutive years...in 1986 it hit -4F for the record low and then in 1987 it hit 64F for the record high (which today tied).

The nice thing is it's so early. There is plenty of time for a decent prolonged cold shot and more snow. Despite the current warmth good things will happen. That's my call. They don't call April the cruelest month for nothin'. I can't wait to see the long faces when snow falls on the warministas parade.

:lol: I don't really get the whole cold lovers vs. warm lovers thing... the weather is what it is. Right now its warm. Maybe the end of the month its cold.

And yes, I hold out hope that it will snow again...its early and although if there is a winter that would be snowless from here on out, it would be this one. Though looking forward to future snow still doesn't change the fact that it was 60F as high as 2,000ft down your way, and 1,000ft up here in the north. That's ridiculously warm.

Any records in SNE?

Just impressive stuff.

IS there any snow left on the dirt parking lots and powdery piles of snow/snowbanks up there?

I have a feeling someone is posting old pictures from a certain area and saying they are from today when they aren't

Will is about to say that ORH averages about 13" from this date on.

Or not. But I think they do average around that.

They average about 14" from here on out...however we will wipe a lot of that climo out in the next 2 weeks....the average is 3.8" after April 1st with 67% of the years getting measurable and 50% of the years getting >2.0"

IS there any snow left on the dirt parking lots and powdery piles of snow/snowbanks up there?

I have a feeling someone is posting old pictures from a certain area and saying they are from today when they aren't

Haha yes there's still snow up here... that's why I'm watching it melt. It has to be there to be melting ;) Of course it isn't powdery and piled high on all the trees... and the snowbanks and parking lots are a mix of mud, dirt, snow, and ice with standing water on top. That sort of thing. Looks lovely out there, just like a post card lol.

Those pics are from today knucklehead. I could walk out the back door and take a pic of solid snow cover right now.

:lol: I don't really get the whole cold lovers vs. warm lovers thing... the weather is what it is. Right now its warm. Maybe the end of the month its cold.

And yes, I hold out hope that it will snow again...its early and although if there is a winter that would be snowless from here on out, it would be this one. Though looking forward to future snow still doesn't change the fact that it was 60F as high as 2,000ft down your way, and 1,000ft up here in the north. That's ridiculously warm.

Basically, I make the most of everyday. Right now I'm in ski/winter mode and will be as long as ma nature allows. That said, the second the snow is gone here and skiing ceases to be an option I'll switch over to Spring trout/salmon fishing and golf. I'd prefer Winter to hammer us through April (there have been some epic April's) but it is what it is. I detest the heat of summer and don't mince words when I talk about how wretched heat and humidity is. Still, I'll be out there on the hottest day of the year working and golfing and enjoying being alive. Rest assured old man Winter will bat us around a little bit more. After a snowy April I'd love a cool and rainy Spring and Summer. It's awesome when May is cool and drizzle filled as it keeps water temps down and prolongs the Spring feeding frenzy. Once the water temp is up most of the fishing I'll do will be on the lakes with downriggers which is fun but not quite as good as fishing in fast water with light tackle.

Archived