joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty serious thunder & lightning show last night. .60" in the bucket, the driveway washed out some and more in-coming.

Those were some loud storms too. I have a hunch everyone is going to be groggy at work today as I don't know how anyone could have slept through those two hours (midnight--2am, roughly).

Thunder on the doorstep again, the burnin' ring of fire.

Jetport managed about 0.75" in 8 minutes this morning.

Had some small hail and gusty winds too, probably 40 mph or so, along with the nearly continuous lightning.

That was a good cluster that moved thru there earlier, Looks like we have another line of storms moving this way over the next couple hours

Jetport managed about 0.75" in 8 minutes this morning.

Had some small hail and gusty winds too, probably 40 mph or so, along with the nearly continuous lightning.

Wow, that's quite a rate! lol I was about 20 minutes ahead of that on my drive in from Limington. As I was passing the Jetport I was noting the continuous lightning off to the WNW. I can do without hail ... parking garage at work FTW.

Well, we got crushed pretty good again right as I was leaving the house at 7am. Had about 2" of water roaring down the driveway--can't wait to see what that looks like when I get home.

Not a fun ride in either--pouring rain, very frequent lightning strikes, thunder echoing across the hills. It was downright deafening....and I came as close as I ever have to hitting a deer. Not sure how I missed it but I did and I'm not sure how the dumbass who as tailgating me at that exact moment didn't rearend me, but she didn't.

Going into TS #3 since I got to work in AUG, 8A (very heavy rain and some wind), 9A (heavy rain but not as), and now at just after 10, rain like the 9A storm but more lightning. Nothing severe though...yet. Had 12:30A TS at home (0.13", bringing my May total to 3.56", pretty modest considering we've had measureable rain on 19 of 29 days.) Heard distant thunder as I headed out at 6:45. That one hit MBY about 7:30, another at 8:30, and they're probably getting more at present. One more buch of storms coming this AM, currently in N.Central NH. This one might miss MBY to the south, but lookls to hit AUG.

Doppler est precip was close to 1" for MBY (since last evening) but there was a stripe of 3-4" thru N.NH, Berlin area.

Well, we got crushed pretty good again right as I was leaving the house at 7am. Had about 2" of water roaring down the driveway--can't wait to see what that looks like when I get home.

Not a fun ride in either--pouring rain, very frequent lightning strikes, thunder echoing across the hills. It was downright deafening....and I came as close as I ever have to hitting a deer. Not sure how I missed it but I did and I'm not sure how the dumbass who as tailgating me at that exact moment didn't rearend me, but she didn't.

I left around 7 myself this morning and I could see lots of flashing to West, and wife said right after I left it rolled in with some huge bangs.

And it looks like yet another storm went through our area just barely!! Been awhile since I remember that many storms just training over our region. Like snow events I have noticed since moving to Orford, that a lot of the storms go either north or south of town, but certainly not in this stretch of storms.

I left around 7 myself this morning and I could see lots of flashing to West, and wife said right after I left it rolled in with some huge bangs.

And it looks like yet another storm went through our area just barely!! Been awhile since I remember that many storms just training over our region. Like snow events I have noticed since moving to Orford, that a lot of the storms go either north or south of town, but certainly not in this stretch of storms.

Yeah, it was pretty wild and looking at the radar after I got to work, it looked to me like two more cells went right overhead, training right along.

By the time I got down into Thetford this morning, it was much more tame. Union Village co-op folks only reported 0.02" this morning....

4th TS this morning just finishing up, and it was the strongest, with 15 minutes of wind-driven firehouse and moderate lightning, perhaps 5-6/minute. Winds gusted to 30 or so, far from SVR level but likely enough to dis-mast a few trees no longer able to carry full canvas.

Radar is clear behind this storm, until one looks to W.NY, where some interesting echoes are entering the picture.

Wow is the radar going nuts in E NY near the VT border. Still needing to burn off the low clouds out this way. I wonder how much that spares us after this mornings show.

Yep, Remarkably cooler on the east side of the Greens. This is easing my mind some. After getting hit pretty hard at the house two summers ago by a severe storm, I'm much more jumpy when watches & warnings go up than I used to be.

I'll never understand actually 'rooting' for severe...at least after seeing it first hand and experiencing significant property damage, that is.

Yep, Remarkably cooler on the east side of the Greens. This is easing my mind some. After getting hit pretty hard at the house two summers ago by a severe storm, I'm much more jumpy when watches & warnings go up than I used to be.

I'll never understand actually 'rooting' for severe...at least after seeing it first hand and experiencing significant property damage, that is.

This weekend was the one year annniversary of the storm that devastated parts of Barre City and after seeing that I agree, definitely don't want to see destruction.

Looks like a tornado watch was just hoisted with possible golf ball sized hail.

This weekend was the one year annniversary of the storm that devastated parts of Barre City and after seeing that I agree, definitely don't want to see destruction.

It's scary stuff, no doubt.

Looks nasty in Northfield right now per radar and webcam. Another soaker down around Tunbridge. Flash flood warnings up now for east-central VT...

Archived