joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.06" total here. Thought it was going to be more but no complaints at all.

If the last rainy stretch we had didn't bust our 'mini-drought', this one certainly did.

WBW? ;)

And I ended up with 1.60" total which is more than I thought, but I figured it was more than anticipated when I got home and brook was really running strong and up quite a bit from the morning.

And I ended up with 1.60" total which is more than I thought, but I figured it was more than anticipated when I got home and brook was really running strong and up quite a bit from the morning.

Wow, that's quite a difference over a fairly short distance. I will say that it seemed 'wetter' in my travels through Hanover/Lyme/Thetford than it did here at the house when I got home last evening.

I don't think my rain guage has a hole in it..... ;)

I don't think my rain guage has a hole in it..... ;)

I wish mine only had a hole in it. Why I bought a glass rain gauge up here is beyond me- oh wait it was really cheap. Anyway it got rain in it and froze before I could pull it inside in the fall. It shattered.

Thats a shame....St. J CC's greens are starting to look mighty fine...was gonna go before I leave on Thursday, but with the wet weather it looks like a no go :(

My kids' t-ball schedule has taken it on the chin. Squeezed in a game last week but since then it's been nothing but rainouts.

Look like 0.71" so far today. DBD is a relic of the past.

Today and tomorrow are not looking very good for outdoor activity's either............... :cry:

Literally dumping rain here....hardest precip rates I've seen since last year, no joke. .07" in the last 10min.

53/53 absolute crapshoot of a day. Kind of upset that the last three days I'm up here, it pours. Blah.

If we clear out somewhat later, we may get close to 70 with dews in the lower 60's. BTV's 75F that they had yesterday evening ain't happenin'

Total for MBY was 0.62", bringing May up to 1.34", decent but I'd rather it fell in two gray days instead of the six (and counting) we've had thru 5/9, all with highs in the 40s/low 50s, unless today gets to upper 50s. Fog in AUG (no jokes about the government, please) lifted over the past hour, still about 53 and gray.

Tomorrow night.

Yeah, it’s not in the point forecast now, but snow was in there for a time earlier in the week. Mt. Washington point forecast for 5,000’+ is well below freezing with the potential for precipitation, but no mention of snow. Even if there’s not much in the way of snow though, these cold episodes are good to keep the mountain snowpack around and keep the corn cycling going.

+RN here most of the night and early this morning, Well over 1.00" in the gauge when i left for work and still coming down this morning

Only 0.43" at my place midnight-7A, less than I thought given the steady rain. Some moderate bursts in Farmington 8-9A while I waited for the pickup's wheel bearing to be replaced. Radar and cocorahs shows the heaviest rain in Maine to be just east of the Penobscot, but it also shows the MHT area with 2-3".

Only 0.37" on the day with some off and on convective showers this afternoon. Currently 52F.

Have had quite a few animals in the yard the past couple of days. We have a returning Mr. and Mrs. turkey, a male and female mallard duck that showed up to eat multiple times yesterday, and then a grey fox this morning. The turkeys hung around for hours today.

Some cool pool showers this morning, not even visible on the radar...at least the freebies I look at.

Have had quite a few animals in the yard the past couple of days. We have a returning Mr. and Mrs. turkey, a male and female mallard duck that showed up to eat multiple times yesterday, and then a grey fox this morning. The turkeys hung around for hours today.

Cool--gray fox are quite shy and not often seen in my experience. Red fox are a little more 'bold' and easily seen but a gray is a treat in my book

What are some of of the rainfall totals around New England tor the past 7-8 days? I'm monitoring from afar but seems as though you guys keep reporting fresh rainfall.

I could probably put something together for you PF. I'll try to do it later today when I have some more time.

Archived