• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

Thunderstorm and warm where I am...still some snow above 2000 meters here in the Carpathian Mountains in NW Romania. A long way from Vermont but the landscape is surprisingly not that much different. Rolling mountains with some larger spines.

Our church had a short-term mission trip to nearby Moldova last spring (I couldn't go, just had the spinal fusion op on my neck), and their pics show trees (albeit different though related species), shrubs, and terrain that would fit right in the Maine foothills.

Only 0.08" in the bucket at 7 AM, and the steady rain appears over for MBY. Doppler estimated qpf there is under 0.3", I'm guessing we got about 0.2", thus less than 0.65" for 4 days of clouds, rain, dz, chilliness. Maybe something juicy late next week?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatcha doin out there??

Spending a month in Europe...will end up in Norway for two weeks. Stowe gets a ton of international students who work in the summer and winter tourism seasons, so I met a bunch of European kids in their 20s over the past two years. I've always wanted to travel around Europe so I am visiting folks that worked with me at Stowe...sort of like a backpack trip with local accommodations and getting to see "real life" in these spots, not the hotel/tourist version. Right now I'm chilling with four Romanian girls who live in a college town along the mountains. Life could be worse ;)

Spending a month in Europe...will end up in Norway for two weeks. Stowe gets a ton of international students who work in the summer and winter tourism seasons, so I met a bunch of European kids in their 20s over the past two years. I've always wanted to travel around Europe so I am visiting folks that worked with me at Stowe...sort of like a backpack trip with local accommodations and getting to see "real life" in these spots, not the hotel/tourist version. Right now I'm chilling with four Romanian girls who live in a college town along the mountains. Life could be worse ;)

I guess that's okay ;) sounds like a blast! Have fun man

Man, this thread is dead...like dead, dead LOL.

Tomorrow should be a beauty up here along with Monday. Many readings of 65-70 upcoming at the major climo sites in NNE.

You learn after living here a while to take advantage of a sunny day when you get them. No sitting in front of a computer.

Looking juicier and juicier for Monday night/Tuesday. Another good soaking incoming.

LOL, sounds good man. Have fun & break a leg, but not really. ;)

I've done some Euro-traveling myself--I always have fun over there. Haven't been for a few years now. Makes me think it's time to start putting something together.

You learn after living here a while to take advantage of a sunny day when you get them. No sitting in front of a computer.

Heh, ain't that the truth. Something about sunshine and making hay comes to mind.

Tomorrow should be a beauty up here along with Monday. Many readings of 65-70 upcoming at the major climo sites in NNE.

On the whole, and by their nature, NNEers tend to use few words to get their points across than seemingly do folks from away. :pimp:

Good luck with your finals, man.

Got down to 30F this morning with a light frost on the grass & out in the field. Still have a couple weeks to go before we're out of the potential-frost woods but this looks to be it for at least the foreseeable future. The forecast has a mid-30s morning for this coming weekend, but that's a ways away, certainly.

Got down to 30F this morning with a light frost on the grass & out in the field. Still have a couple weeks to go before we're out of the potential-frost woods but this looks to be it for at least the foreseeable future. The forecast has a mid-30s morning for this coming weekend, but that's a ways away, certainly.

As you are well aware I'm sure, NE VT and its respective valleys will probably see one good frost sometime in the coming week or two. Some places up here radiate incredibly well especially since there is still not full green up in northern caledonia and all of Essex county.

On the whole, and by their nature, NNEers tend to use few words to get their points across than seemingly do folks from away. :pimp:

Hey, be nice to us transplants! ;)

(Moved to Maine in Jan 1973 and feel privileged to live here, but will always be from away.)

Pretty thick frost at my place this morning, after yesterday's 29 with light frost. Probably a degree or two cooler than that today. Near perfact May wx, crispy mornings and low 60s afternoons with lots of sun and light winds. Looks like some decent rain tomorrow - if it's going to be rainy, I'd much prefer 1" to 0.1" (eked out just 0.7" from near constant ra/dz May 1-4), as the local river is back below the 25th percentile flow.

Welcome to the NNE summer thread, More rain on the way, yay........... :flood:

Most guidance really like central VT from KRUT up through Stowe for highest rainfall totals...looks like 1.00"-1.40" with more in the higher terrain on the western slopes of the greens with the solid SW WAA flow aloft and straight southerly flow at the surface.

It'll be pretty cool to see the warm sector advance NE tomorrow night as well. I wouldn't be surprised if some places get close to 68-70F and muggy on Wednesday.

Rainin' this morning, as expected.

As you are well aware I'm sure, NE VT and its respective valleys will probably see one good frost sometime in the coming week or two. Some places up here radiate incredibly well especially since there is still not full green up in northern caledonia and all of Essex county.

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see another light frost or two. Not quite full leaf-out here either. Getting closer, but there's still a ways to go. The white ash are still bare, for all intents and purposes.

Hey, be nice to us transplants! ;)

(Moved to Maine in Jan 1973 and feel privileged to live here, but will always be from away.)

I'd say you're fully in the fold by now. ;)

Thats a shame....St. J CC's greens are starting to look mighty fine...was gonna go before I leave on Thursday, but with the wet weather it looks like a no go :(

Have you played there before? One of my favorite courses in the state. Looks like my regular Tuesday night 9 is a washout as well :raining:

DBD is a relic of the past.

I’m not buying the “dry begets dry” stuff either, almost 4 ½ inches of liquid in April, and we’re not even a third of the way through May and liquid is already over 2 inches. Those numbers aren’t nearly what fell last April/May, but it certainly isn’t dry.

On a winter precipitation note, I updated my monthly snowfall chart now that April is complete:

1112monthlysnowfall.jpg

At 115.3”, total season snowfall is still over a foot below the least snowy season I’ve recorded (‘09-‘10), so barring a large May event, '11-'12 will likely claim the position of least snowy in my records. I’ll see what other records come out when I make my season summary, but at this point '11-'12 has also claimed least snowy April and least snowy February. April is not a huge snow month down at our elevation, but having February come in at the bottom of the pile definitely plays a big part in the low season snowfall numbers (especially without any months knocking it out of the park to compensate).

Archived