• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Severe Potential March 2nd/3rd: OV, TN Valley, Mid-South, Deep South, Mid-Atlantic, Carolinas

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio chatter, buildings down, people trapped, staging medics from other counties to assist in Cherokee Co NC with new cell taking same path right now!

3rd major cell for them today! all tornado warned - none confirmed yet but quite a bit of damage being reported

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

911 PM EST FRI MAR 2 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN CHEROKEE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

NORTHEASTERN COBB COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

EXTREME NORTHWESTERN DEKALB COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

SOUTHWESTERN FORSYTH COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

NORTHEASTERN FULTON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

NORTHERN GWINNETT COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

EXTREME SOUTHWESTERN HALL COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

* UNTIL 1000 PM EST

* AT 905 PM EST...A DEBRIS SIGNATURE INDICATED BY DOPPLER RADAR

CONFIRMED A TORNADO NEAR MARIETTA...MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

Gah... okay, but maybe I exaggerated "just" ... to me "just" is like 35 miles, ish. Still anything but safe, huh. Guess I'm glued to the computer until this passes so I can make the phone call to a stubborn ass friend.

I'm in SC but I'm glued to the computer too. Those 2 storms have me awfully worried right now.

I'm in SC but I'm glued to the computer too. Those 2 storms have me awfully worried right now.

Yeah, it's always really hard to watch such a prolific outbreak and know that people are suffering. I lived in and around the Norman area for a couple years, and have experienced some pretty powerful storms, as well as a tornado in a town more to the north of that area. It always gives me such a disgusting feeling in my stomach when these things are going on. I don't know if I'll ever get over it, that thing kind of just stays with you.

Hard to believe that it is only March 2nd and we have seen the amazing images of destruction in so many areas - the Dual Pole Radar data is amazing. This is going to change tornado forecasting for the next decade. Greatest advancement in a long time.

Social media has arrived - more and more everyone is realizing what a powerful tool this can be for mining data.

Watching and listening to ken cook on fox 5 is pretty chilling. He's about as "freaking out" as you will ever see him..even saying just seconds ago it looks stronger now than it did where we know there was damage further west. For those who don't know, he's probably the best met in atlanta. Just terrible this thing is coming through at night and it's about to go over Ga 400. Nervous for my ga friends.

Watching and listening to ken cook on fox 5 is pretty chilling. He's about as "freaking out" as you will ever see him..even saying just seconds ago it looks stronger now than it did where we know there was damage further west. For those who don't know, he's probably the best met in atlanta. Just terrible this thing is coming through at night and it's about to go over Ga 400. Nervous for my ga friends.

I'll second that comment about Ken being the best met in ATL.

Archived