• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Severe Potential March 2nd/3rd: OV, TN Valley, Mid-South, Deep South, Mid-Atlantic, Carolinas

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knoxville just got hit. I'd say the winds were gusting up to 60mph at my house but there was no hail as far as I could tell.

Turning into a pretty wicked bowing segment now east of you. Looks like the core of the strongest winds went just north of you. Really looks to be punching right along I-40, nice little RIJ developing right over the interstate.

No, not here, we were in a way in the most benign and the most dangerous part of the supercell at the same time. Hail core should have been off to my north about 10 miles or so.

Okay, good. Thank goodness. Glad you're safe. I'll assume that the threat has passed for the day for Braselton!

Off to bed.

Thanks for the help, all.

death toll per TWC up to 28 and sure to go higher, horrible injuries being described from west liberty

very tight couplet just northwest of Montgomery AL heading northeast, if it holds up Atlanta metro is not out of the woods

some impressive photos from henryville:

I was on 65 and watched the tornado move towards Henryville. 2nd cell didn't produce a tornado, but dumped hail 2 inches in diameter as they were exiting their homes & beginning rescue efforts. Homes not destroyed by the tornado were damaged by hail. Siding shredded, windows broken, etc. A line came through after that and dropped heavy rain & dime sized hail. After the line, flash flooding with water covering 160. It was the worst thing I've ever seen. My heart breaks for these good people. I'll have some pictures posted tomorrow. I need some sleep.

Wow...even that van is still there from when the google street view pic was made.

Wow, how weird. I didn't even notice that before you pointed it out. I just have a bad gut feeling that town has some very bad damage, though.

I'm in Oxford, in east Central Alabama, I was looking at that long-track supercell that passed over the northern Atlanta suburbs when it was in Alabama. That thing has been fluctuating and cycling the whole time. It was putting down a tornado on and off even in east Alabama, but there was no significant damage in northern Calhoun County. The only report I heard was from Cleburne County.

Dallas county cell in AL has an extremely tight couplet.

It's on the ground now. The NWS Birmingham office dual-pole radar has a significant correlation coefficient that specifies debris in the storm structure. The guesstimation is either an EF2 or stronger because of this.

You got another severe warned cell headed your direction....just north of Canton at the moment...does show some weak rotation.

Yep...I'm watching that one. Tops have increased and it is a previous tornado warned cell when it crossed over from AL. I'm at "DW" on the radar screen. Right near the end of that pathcast line.

post-347-0-24775900-1330745676.png

Archived