• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Potential March 2nd/3rd: OV, TN Valley, Mid-South, Deep South, Mid-Atlantic, Carolinas

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BIRMINGHAM AL

1100 PM CST FRI MAR 2 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BIRMINGHAM HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN CHAMBERS COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL ALABAMA...

* UNTIL 1145 PM CST

* AT 1058 PM CST...EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REPORTED A TORNADO 8 MILES

NORTHWEST OF RIDGE GROVE...

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

1215 AM EST SAT MAR 3 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

TROUP COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL GEORGIA

* UNTIL 100 AM EST

* AT 1213 AM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 25 MILES WEST OF LAGRANGE...MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

HOGANSVILLE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

S o b e r i n g

From WKRC's website: Clermont County Coroner tells Local 12 News that there is one confirmed fatality in Bethel from today's storms. Officials say a body was found on State Route 133 but the person's identity was not released. Police tell us that the person was the resident of a mobile home-that mobile home has yet to be located.

man.. what a day.. i think i've been posting 12 hrs straight witha few breaks in between. tiring. Hopefully some good outta it. I know we all like severe weather events and storms for the beauty of them and the raw power. Days like today are surreal, and thats from sitting behind a computer watching this.

TWC put it into perspective. A whole months worth of tornados in 1 day. absolutely unreal.

Nice job to everyone that contributed in here today. Talk about a huge area to cover. I think we all did splendid getting good info on here, and who knows, maybe out to a few people directly involved. I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow should be sobering.

man.. what a day.. i think i've been posting 12 hrs straight witha few breaks in between. tiring. Hopefully some good outta it. I know we all like severe weather events and storms for the beauty of them and the raw power. Days like today are surreal, and thats from sitting behind a computer watching this.

TWC put it into perspective. A whole months worth of tornados in 1 day. absolutely unreal.

Nice job to everyone that contributed in here today. Talk about a huge area to cover. I think we all did splendid getting good info on here, and who knows, maybe out to a few people directly involved. I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow should be sobering.

Paducah NWS area lost more lives in 3 hours on Leap Year morning than all of last years tornadoes and flood deaths combined - and that is saying something. We had the first/second biggest river flood in 100 years and we had the most tornadoes ever recorded (2011).

Now in one morning - with one outbreak - more lives lost than all last year.

And to think how this thread started on page 1 to what it is now is amazing. You could write a book.

fantastic job today, thanks for all your posts (and many others here)

I migrated over from the New England forum at noon and absolutely enthralled for the past 12 hours

Tornado chase booked 2nd week of May, base city Oklahoma City... I'd be in awe if it's even 5% of the past few hours.

and yes... daylight saturday will be very sobering

Still getting intermittent blasts of rain, wind, light and noise here in western Douglas County (about 5 miles S of I-20 and a bit east of the Douglas/Carroll border), but what do those of you who know what you're talking about think of the how the cell is shaping up in eastern Douglas County, about to cross over into Cobb along I-20?

Still getting intermittent blasts of rain, wind, light and noise here in western Douglas County (about 5 miles S of I-20 and a bit east of the Douglas/Carroll border), but what do those of you who know what you're talking about think of the how the cell is shaping up in eastern Douglas County, about to cross over into Cobb along I-20?

eveyrhting from a tornadic standpoint looks to be diminished in that area. The trend tonight was after the initial batch of storms, the severe cells behind them weren't rotating.

Cant rule out a quick spin up, but the environment looks a lot more stable compared to earlier. NOt sure if them storms are elevated at your location, but i would believe so.

imho, enjoy some thunder, small hail, rains and lightnin and maybe some straight line winds..

just quick browsing the scans, base velocity and storm velocity, not much in the way of rotation.

Hawks/MariettaWx...if you're around here, take cover immediately...

Thank you. I'm ok and so are my family and friends. I was in the Jasper area when the storm hit. Damage appears to be minimal in my area of Marietta according to a friend. But it could have been much worse. I won't get to see my house soon. Going to have my buddy drop by and check it out. I think the circulation went a tad north of me but not much. Within few miles at the very most. I hope all is well at the homestead.

Archived