Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2012 Southeast Lawn, Garden & Fishing Thread

WeatherNC

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure you put a second application of pre emergent out around April 15-30th. I have been spraying weeds in grass for the last several days nonstop.

Thanks for all of the good advice...I'm hoping to start turning my fescue lawn around this year. I have not seeded for the last two years. I used a liquid weed control about a month ago and put out a granular weed and feed today. I'm hopeful that the weeds that I had left after the first round will start to die off here in the coming weeks. So what comes next? Should I put some seed out now and then again in the fall, or just wait for the fall? How high should the grass be cut? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Thanks for all of the good advice...I'm hoping to start turning my fescue lawn around this year. I have not seeded for the last two years. I used a liquid weed control about a month ago and put out a granular weed and feed today. I'm hopeful that the weeds that I had left after the first round will start to die off here in the coming weeks. So what comes next? Should I put some seed out now and then again in the fall, or just wait for the fall? How high should the grass be cut? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

hopefully you put out pre emergent when you fertilized. Seed in fall and cut fescue at a height of 3.5-4 inches

Me and Shaggy went to one of the local fishing holes here in Pitt Co commonly refered to as the "Sand Pits" and had a great day caught a total of 77 bream and bass. Kept around 20 of them for a older co worker of ours who loves to eat them. Shaggy got the big fish of the day with about a 3-4 lb largemouth of which I will include a picture plus shot of the cooler most bream were average size but we had a handful of brutes.

I would hope 20 years in the lawn care landscape industry I would know what I am talking about!! LOL! Both are good choices. The Thermal Blue is a new one that has shown great results with little water

That's what i need.. I may grow a small patch to see if I am allergic to it first. I know I am not allergic to the zoysia but i just do not have the equipment to cut the zoysia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Blossom end rot showing up in my tomatoes. I've worked on calcium levels and kept them watered. Think it must be the heat. Small tomatoes are doing well. Planted more of that variety due to a hot June being anticipated. Is the calcium spray effective? Beans look good. Cukes are bitter. Cabbage is good. Potatoes are productive. Squashes are decent but have succumbed to wilt. Still organic up to this point. Good crop of early season strawberries finishing. Sweet potatoes are producing good vines. Side dressed w tomato tone and fish emulsion.

The calcium sprays are not effective.for a little extra calcium use some finely ground eggshells around your tomatoes,this may be challenging if you have a lot of plants.I usually have only 1or2 plants in 10 gallon pots,and this seemed to help a lot.

Blossom end rot showing up in my tomatoes. I've worked on calcium levels and kept them watered. Think it must be the heat. Small tomatoes are doing well. Planted more of that variety due to a hot June being anticipated. Is the calcium spray effective? Beans look good. Cukes are bitter. Cabbage is good. Potatoes are productive. Squashes are decent but have succumbed to wilt. Still organic up to this point. Good crop of early season strawberries finishing. Sweet potatoes are producing good vines. Side dressed w tomato tone and fish emulsion.

Archived