• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
NAM's big storm for Feb 24th ...there's some reason to see why it can be done

Typhoon Tip

I wonder if the southerly trend of this 1st batch is being driven by the low bombing out over Nova Scotia. Develops just enough confluence to pinch this S.

that's what i was speculating a couple hours ago...looking at the radar you could see rotating returns just east of maine....that is what is driving it south just looking at the radar. also noticed moisture to the south feeding in so I think the nam is on it.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to hum..oops can not say that, gonna invite the RUC to dinner Messenger style? Kevin not posting for 3 months , that would suck but.... First time he ever under reports? 4.9 FTW

lets see that band is gonna smoke someone in W SNE later tonite..ennie meenie miiineee moe...

sorry but anyone got a good link for the HRRR model

Yup, knew that one was coming. Wouldn't surprise me if the band just dies out completely dies and no one in SNE gets snow. I can just see mother nature saying "Hey, how bout we pull a fast one on SNH and NE MA again this year by shifting the models south 150 miles in 1 day. Yea that would be fun to watch weenies squirm!" effin pricks.

You know what wouldn't surprise me? if that low in NY at 24 hours trended NW from here on out and that low forming off of NJ trended SE from here on out, leaving the freaking sahara desert in between for NE.

Final call : 0.75" Rain and an Eff you flake

At what point will SnowNH be banned?

When I see accumulating snowfall in 2011-2012, so never

Dude, you saw 2' in Oct....I'm the one who should be livid, but I find it awe inspiring.

Awesome. That was like 5 months ago. You saw 18" during 1/12/11.

Yup, knew that one was coming. Wouldn't surprise me if the band just dies out completely dies and no one in SNE gets snow. I can just see mother nature saying "Hey, how bout we pull a fast one on SNH and NE MA again this year by shifting the models south 150 miles in 1 day. Yea that would be fun to watch weenies squirm!" effin pricks.

You know what wouldn't surprise me? if that low in NY at 24 hours trended NW from here on out and that low forming off of NJ trended SE from here on out, leaving the freaking sahara desert in between for NE.

Final call : 0.75" Rain and an Eff you flake

When I see accumulating snowfall in 2011-2012, so never

Dude, you saw 2' in Oct....I'm the one who should be livid, but I find it awe inspiring.

what impact does it have on the secondary? in situ blocking that forces is to slow down and say close to the coast?

lol

Unfortunately it's a "transient" block. If a true -NAO were in place, the storm bombing to our northeast would be anchored over Newfoundland, and BOOM: 1/12/2011 ;)

In this case, it does push the baroclinic zone southward, helping secondary develop further south, and with more cold air in place over the northern half of New England

Unfortunately it's a "transient" block. If a true -NAO were in place, the storm bombing to our northeast would be anchored over Newfoundland, and BOOM: 1/12/2011 ;)

In this case, it does push the baroclinic zone southward, helping secondary develop further south, and with more cold air in place over the northern half of New England

You even sound like a grad student, what's the annual snow there?

Archived