bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
NAM's big storm for Feb 24th ...there's some reason to see why it can be done

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prob go 3-5 for your area...but maybe less up by MPM...the band might be stronger as it enters W MA.

New NAM keeps the heaviest of the first batch south of us, but brings it in enough so that we'd get a few inches. More specifically, I'm thinking 3-5" for Pete and I, 2-3" up by MPM. Batch two starts as rain, maybe some freezing rain on the east slope, before ending as brief burst of snow. We might get an inch or two from that, but we have a strong upslope signal for tomorrow night during CAA. Depending on how this transpires, it could bring several inches of additional snow for someone, especially N Berks, S Greens. Northern Greens are going to get smoked with wrap around and upslope.

I'm glad my excitement was limited to about 4 hours. These trends are disheartening for the extremes of GC. Drying out on the overnight and the second round will be 1) too warm on the front end, and 2) too dry (west) on the back end. Perhaps I'll be sawing this weekend as I had earlier thought.

I don't think it would weaken much...I worry about the final latitude it attains. As of now, I think it looks pretty good for ORH-BOS corridor.

A place to watch is the southern tier....like BGM...if they get into good stuff, we are probably going to do well.

Maybe you can luck out and stay just to the north of the dryslot in the weenie west to east band. At least the returns might allow for a few more hours of snow.

Yeah there is probably going to be a bit of a tail on the precip shield after the main first thump moves through. So whoever gets in that tail could get a few extra hours of light snow.

Archived