joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NAM's big storm for Feb 24th ...there's some reason to see why it can be done

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difference between GFS and NAM is notable on the bufkit profiles here....NAM has like 35-40 microbars per second in the SG region while the GFS is about 25 microbars per second and its centered slightly below the SG region.

Sounds like most gfs/nam battles. -25ubar/sec ain't bad for gfs though.

ryan ....lol

as of this afternoon no body was calling for anything of note in boston

what do you have for down town boston accums.

Not sure for Boston proper I really haven't looked and am on my phone.

The thing is there may be little accumulation but not because of things like warm ground etc. that's a crappy argument on march 30 lol

Not sure for Boston proper I really haven't looked and am on my phone.

The thing is there may be little accumulation but not because of things like warm ground etc. that's a crappy argument on march 30 lol

so there will be lil accumulations because of poor lift and or BL temps being borderline? kinda what most figured

one poster mentioned warm ground and this is a garbage argument in april or may if rates are high

hopefully this busts positive

i like what mark webster is saying and they have been mentioning this in the NYC forum....that storm E of maine is CRANKIN

Just tired of half my posts which there is nothing wrong with always getting deleted.

I'm hopeful we all see snow..but I feel like Scooter and raising the flags. Alot can go wrong

Everyone has their flags up, but I'm starting to think CT may do well all things considered...more like your high elevations on into western CT. Like Ryan said, I think a narrow but strong area of echoes moves in and up into ORH area. Just be reasonable. 3 days ago it looked like srly gales. Pretty sharp turn of events.

NAM clown map was ridiculous for our area, but part of that was because it nails us with more snow tomorrow night....which is unlikely to happen

I know. I had seen it posted earlier. Was just hoping Sam would just trace some of the contours and give it the same amounts.

Been a while since there was a decent threat.

This is fun

NAM clown map was ridiculous for our area, but part of that was because it nails us with more snow tomorrow night....which is unlikely to happen

I dunno about that ; I said in the opener, let's not disregard this solution... We're inside 30 hours in a scenario that requires a finite mesh. The NAM more than just seems to do well with these thermal compression scenarios, and having a potent warm front park S of the area while a huge wind max roars over top is real real dicey. Rapid cyclogenesis scenarios are no unwarranted. The NAM just spins up a secondary at bombogen rates and clobbers the area while doing so.

Everyone has their flags up, but I'm starting to think CT may do well all things considered...more like your high elevations on into western CT. Like Ryan said, I think a narrow but strong area of echoes moves in and up into ORH area. Just be reasonable. 3 days ago it looked like srly gales. Pretty sharp turn of events.

Longitude FTW

The GFS BUFKIT profile for BOS was actually pretty good...it had even stronger lift than the ORH profile for some reason...close to 30 microbars per second centered around 600mb.

GFS looked very banded. It had various cities displaying different omega profiles at 12z too. I wished it had more of a general deep layer lift.

Yeah we went from a torch and cane gusts to a snowstorm ..all that with no blocking

Archived