Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Weekend Storm Discussion Part II, 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so it's OK then to worry about then NAM at 60+ hrs?

weenies unite!!!

No, but there were a lot of Srefs members earlier today with the same solution. I don't think it changes anything from what I posted earlier. I was more or less posting what I thought it was going to do. I also am like JI, I want all my models to show a storm so I can write like I know what I'm talking about.

No, but there were a lot of Srefs members earlier today with the same solution. I don't think it changes anything from what I posted earlier. I was more or less posting what I thought it was going to do. I also am like JI, I want all my models to show a storm so I can write like I know what I'm talking about.

I know, I was j/k'ing

as for the models always showing a storm, me too, but they never do

but for 2/6/10 when the models saw it 5 days + out and it was more a question of 1' or 2'

The south track doesn't bother me much but the weaker overall system does. It's not like the nam wasn't in its range when it decided that the lp is going to be weaker. We'll see but not a friendly run.

they go hand in hand probably. a weak sys is more likely to be shunted along by the fast flow. not to throw food to the snow weenies but if the nam has a 1004 low near the nc coast and the euro has a 996 you probably have to lean euro even if its "initialization was bad". it is however another model with a very sharp drop in precip on the north end.. yeah in a lot of storms it does not end up that sharp but that signal is pretty strong.

they go hand in hand probably. a weak sys is more likely to be shunted along by the fast flow. not to throw food to the snow weenies but if the nam has a 1004 low near the nc coast and the euro has a 996 you probably have to lean euro even if its "initialization was bad". it is however another model with a very sharp drop in precip on the north end.. yeah in a lot of storms it does not end up that sharp but that signal is pretty strong.

A strong gradient is pretty standard fro cases like this one with a nice juicy southern stream shortwave running into strong confluence.

Archived