• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2/19 East Coast Winter Storm Threat (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably about time for the GFS to lose this event for a run or two.... which will really send you all into a tale spin until the UKMET comes out... It will show a bit of a relaxed look compared to its 12z run, but not as bad as the GFS. The Euro then comes out and it agrees with the GGEM that nothing will happen beyond it's 12z run. Then all the Mets still awake will come out of the woodwork to inform everyone that the operational runs are the weak outliers compared to ensemble members. Meanwhile, the NOGAPS has a historic blizzard but no one took the time to check...

So everyone wakes up with a dry mouth. The 12z cycle rolls around and the GFS is even worse and that's really when the eat-crow claimers start trolling... But then it happens, the ECMWF comes way back NW ...not quite to the same panache as these earlier GFS runs, but enough... 18z's GFS tomorrow is a 24" menace from DC to BOS.

Gaeity returns to the forum. People who normally don't like certain people act live lovers. 00z tomorrow night, all models on board. AFDs start hoisting specials over night, and by dawn there are 3rd and 4th period watches flying with hard hitting headlines.

Storm then goes out to sea - the end.

I think it will phase...but the question is how late it does it and how much...meaning I don't expect a flat Euro solution on this.

Yeah, sorry, I was thinking unlikely to phase in the OV where it has been and been favorable for us. Don't know why I didn't say that

I think it will phase...but the question is how late it does it and how much...meaning I don't expect a flat Euro solution on this.

GFS dumped the s/w it had diving into the ID/ND area around 50 hours...Euro had it too. Much weaker this run.

The three main s/w's are actually in pretty good alignment for a phase.....similar outcome but different solution.

Yeah, sorry, I was thinking unlikely to phase in the OV where it has been ...favorable for us. Don't know why I didn't say that

Yeah its starting to phase at 57 hours...but if its only a partial phase, it could whiff us. Regardless of what this run does, it doesn't mean too much yet. I think seeing what the other global guidance does and the ensembles will certainly tip us to which way its heading.

OTS and flat has always been the bigger risk here.

Yeah its starting to phase at 57 hours...but if its only a partial phase, it could whiff us. Regardless of what this run does, it doesn't mean too much yet. I think seeing what the other global guidance does and the ensembles will certainly tip us to which way its heading.

OTS and flat has always been the bigger risk here.

Northern stream still leading the rest at hr66. But it's close

At hr72, starting to lift out. Never a full phase

Probably about time for the GFS to lose this event for a run or two.... which will really send you all into a tale spin until the UKMET comes out... It will show a bit of a relaxed look compared to its 12z run, but not as bad as the GFS. The Euro then comes out and it agrees with the GGEM that nothing will happen beyond it's 12z run. Then all the Mets still awake will come out of the woodwork to inform everyone that the operational runs are the weak outliers compared to ensemble members. Meanwhile, the NOGAPS has a historic blizzard but no one took the time to check...

So everyone wakes up with a dry mouth. The 12z cycle rolls around and the GFS is even worse and that's really when the eat-crow claimers start trolling... But then it happens, the ECMWF comes way back NW ...not quite to the same panache as these earlier GFS runs, but enough... 18z's GFS tomorrow is a 24" menace from DC to BOS.

Gaeity returns to the forum. People who normally don't like certain people act live lovers. 00z tomorrow night, all models on board. AFDs start hoisting specials over night, and by dawn there are 3rd and 4th period watches flying with hard hitting headlines.

Lol

If these two models are right and we see a similar evolution to the older Euro the window is closing on getting this way west like the earlier GFS runs. That's not a surprise, just saying. It gets to a tipping point where the northern system outruns the southern stream by so much (beacause the northern is weaker) there's a wall.

The trend on both was to move to the Euro handling on those critical features, happened very early in the run so I don't think we can expect a change back the other way unless NCEP finds an error. It's weird because the NCEP models were fine in the early stages today but something propogated out after 6-12 hours carrying some oddities.

0z GFS/NAM don't seem unreasonable to me, gettting this up to the BM is going to be a tough one.

I don't usually post on this forum, but this made my night! Classic!

earthlight saying this goes directly over the bm.

Nah, its about 100 miles due south of the BM at 96 hours...its close, but def south. If it was over the BM, most of SNE would be getting hammered. Its a typical scraper track where the south coast and the Cape get hit the hardest.

Put so well.

Archived