• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
2/19 East Coast Winter Storm Threat (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a good trend for MBY on that run

western part of the comma head is actually over the cape for a while. if that closed just a hair earlier it would be a "big" event out here.

I think you're in a good spot. Is what it is, we're seeing the models now come together. The GFS was way off speedwise, has slowed to consensus and now hopefully we'll see the rest of the suite lock in.

Figure at this range +/- 50 to 75 miles, if it moves the right way you get buried.

Hard time buying this, GFS is probably still going to be on the NW side of the envelope.

I think you're in a good spot. Is what it is, we're seeing the models now come together. The GFS was way off speedwise, has slowed to consensus and now hopefully we'll see the rest of the suite lock in.

Figure at this range +/- 50 to 75 miles, if it moves the right way you get buried.

Hard time buying this, GFS is probably still going to be on the NW side of the envelope.

wait, did you move?

if you're still at the canal, i think what happens here would be relatively similar to what happens where you are.

Aw man.

Well, DT looks to be right. Everyone that bashed him yesterday should go apologize on his FB page.

wait, did you move?

if you're still at the canal, i think what happens here would be relatively similar to what happens where you are.

I'm not sure, I think it'll have a real sharp edge that may end up orienting in such a way that the 10-15 miles NE on edge that I am will be like living where ray is this year. Map like this I'm guessing you're double the QPF.

gfs_namer_096_precip_p24.gif

If that s/w sped up quicker and some of that nrn stream energy came down the pike quicker like it tried to show, it would be a good hit. It's actually a decent hit for Phil I think. At least it was a slight improvement.

That lead s/w that is screwing us on the GFS is way up on the N side of the Northwest Territories. Plenty of time to watch the evolution of it.

If we get that northern vortmax to get out ahead of the southern stream...could we get this to come NW? I see that it does get out ahead of the southern stream, but produces some hefty confluence over CNE as the storm is coming off the MA coast. If we get that confluence to weaken/further north...I think we'd be pretty happy with the result.

Yes, ...the expression "all or nothing" is loosely available to this. If the N stream teases then wave interference will deconstruct events... Fancy schmalk for dampen the storm.

You really want the N stream to either commit more fully, or get the hell out.

If the N stream abandons altogether, with the NAO being positive such that it is, I am highly confident that SOMEthing will happen in that case.

Why? Because taking a moderate surface wave and parental mechanics aloft straight E of the lower MA during a positive NAO is big time no-no. The teleconnection is a NW storm track. If the N stream gets out of the way, I feel confident the S stream impulse would ride NW (eventually in the models) and get some kind of an event cookng - it just won't have nearly the magestic appeal of that phased in turbo nuke like yesterday.

If the N stream conflues to mightily than this won't lift up the coast. It'll get squeeze between the SE heights and the N stream exerting from the N. It's just that simple.

So who is up for a party on the beach? So we can all smile and wave at this thing as it sails out to sea. Man this thing is going to be one heck of an ocean storm. Just looking at the 500-1000 thickness; the precip shield on the northwest side is a thing of beauty. Would be feet for everyone if it where to ever hit us. O well.

On a side not, we are setting a record this year. Record for most towels thrown is about to be shattered.

lol

Joe Bastardi @BigJoeBastardi

Feed back on GFS causes premature jump.Tho low near my track, worried correction has to be north 50-75 miles.No change for now

Tweets like this don't really even make sense. He is clearly not forecasting anymore (although that has been a long time now).

For us in the southern areas, yes.  N of the Pike, imo, will have a tough shot at much out of this.

I do not give a rats ass about anything but my back yard LOL, it is OT, brass knuckles out, every man for himself!!! Seriously lots of time left in this game bro, how many times have you seen SS systems gets so amped up we flip to rain while MRG and crew high five while wearing only buckskin thongs.

I don't like the GGEM in modeling systems like this.

From a standpoint of I don't really care what happens with this system, GGEM and NAM like solutions are probably more realistic given the elongated front and severe positive tilt (although tilt configuration may change with poor resolving of northern stream features...it is much more likely this is flat).

From a standpoint of I don't really care what happens with this system, GGEM and NAM like solutions are probably more realistic given the elongated front and severe positive tilt (although tilt configuration may change with poor resolving of northern stream features...it is much more likely this is flat).

Contrary to Ens guidance?

Archived