• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
2/19 East Coast Winter Storm Threat (Part 2)

OKpowdah

Thankfully I'm just a scientist here.

LOL.

we'll see how this evolves today.

given the long-wave configuration and all available guidance...seems this one has always had a better shot at grazing/missing than barreling up the coast. most have really kept expectations in check though anyway. better than we normally do, actually. LOL. that might be winter 2011/12 showing itself.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you shouldn't get emotionally invested in the weather.

Believe me, I'm not -

It's really an issue with ad nauseam. As a Meteorologist there always going to be some native draw to check things out and dabble in the arts of prognostics, or just pay respects to the wonderments out there.

There is no purpose to either right now, and there has not been for ...months as far as that goes. It's not an emotional one; it's a cerebral one. You guys wanted your futility record; unfortunately, that comes with a price tag of pithy ennui -

I think a marvelous elixir would be to flip the script and get warm season stuff going again. Just put a lot of distance between a season that succeeded in doing what no indicators suggested it should.

We've definitely got some energy hanging back, but it looks through about 40 that things are just enough out of alignment...top 1/2 of the "trough" is further east than the bottom half by a good margin..that it's going to take some digging.

It's not far off at 45.... there's enough lobes of energy being shot down into the US that maybe one of the last ones can do the trick.

the pattern is clearly getting to you JK

i think most of us are numb to getting screw'd this year. never believed this was gonna happen. was more hopeful 24-36 hours ago....now it's ...hail mary time again in my mind. and it aint happenin

although if we luck out and don't snow thru late april ....i guess we should wait 10 more days before putting futility record in books (may 9-10 1977) PVD got plasterd but boston got nada .5 slop....this year it would prolly (.5 slop) be enuf to keep us from getting futility lol

If we get that northern vortmax to get out ahead of the southern stream...could we get this to come NW? I see that it does get out ahead of the southern stream, but produces some hefty confluence over CNE as the storm is coming off the MA coast. If we get that confluence to weaken/further north...I think we'd be pretty happy with the result.

the pattern is clearly getting to you JK

i think most of us are numb to getting screw'd this year. never believed this was gonna happen. was more hopeful 24-36 hours ago....now it's ...hail mary time again in my mind. and it aint happenin

LOL, GFS was really, really horrible with this storm. It's finally now on the same page as the other models, it's slowed way down. Light scrape to coastal areas, as good as it gets.

Archived