amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2/19 East Coast Winter Storm Threat

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As scary as it looked at 84 hours...that block in NE Quebec (associated 50/50 low) really pushes the core of the 5h height falls right over the waters to the south of SNE so the ptype issues are really not that big of a deal for most. I checked down to HFD and it looks like nearly all snow there with maybe some brief pings around 102 hours and even BOS is pretty good but could flirt with that 34-35F type BL right along the water...regardless they transition to a blizzard anyway pretty quick later on.

Its a good example of how even a little block like that can really do wonder even when the solution looks like it might want to go up the Hudson Valley or over the interior early on in the game. Its not a big block by any means like some we saw last year...but just enough of a nice high anomaly in NE Quebec thanks to the 50/50 low.

Yeah it scoots ENE once it gets near ACY. Certainly an important aspect to have with these.

What we wouldn't give for another 31-32 degree plasterjob of 12-18. Man would I be in heaven

Yup. If I could squeeze 2 KUs out of a dull and horrid winter I would absolutely love that. In fact 2 KUs with nothing inbetween is about my dream IMBY winter... particularly when one of them was a top 3 snowstorm of all time in terms of impact/anomaly for CT.

Prob a colder version of Oct but still lean ots

Even at this stage of the game, I think it would be tough for the GFS to keep coming a ton more west, and have the euro play catch up. One camp will win with a better margin of victory...but both may collapse towards each other. But every once in a while, one camp will completely and utterly fail. I don't know who will win, but I think the euro op is probably wrong.

This is essentially another ensemble member...but since we can see all the maps and soundings, it always gets more attention. The Euro ensembles having quite a decent number of amped up members though does make this a plausible solution, but I'd still def be a lot more worried about an OTS solution.

This is essentially another ensemble member...but since we can see all the maps and soundings, it always gets more attention. The Euro ensembles having quite a decent number of amped up members though does make this a plausible solution, but I'd still def be a lot more worried about an OTS solution.

Agree with Will here. I think this comes north of the current Euro op, but I'm not buying any of these amped GFS runs either (at least not yet).

Even at this stage of the game, I think it would be tough for the GFS to keep coming a ton more west, and have the euro play catch up. One camp will win with a better margin of victory...but both may collapse towards each other. But every once in a while, one camp will completely and utterly fail. I don't know who will win, but I think the euro op is probably wrong.

Shirt off but pants still on and buttoned

Archived