• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
2/19 East Coast Winter Storm Threat

OKpowdah

You and Scooter have both been beating the major storm drums for some time. When both of you came out and said this was a lock I knew a blockbuster was in the offing. As soon as the two of you throw caution to the wind I know it's game time. I can't wait to see Blizz's " I Hump the GFS" t-shirt.

:lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL nobody locked in anything.

No no, it's clear from the statements both of you have made over the last day or so that you're convinced this is a lock. I'm just waiting for one of you to pull out the triple phase card or '93 super storm comparisons.

J/k Scott. Everyone knows you are both measured pros. You do the wise thing and leave the hyping to those better equipped to hype.lol

Tis a solid 12-18” er with wind to offer a blowing and drifting /visibility issue. It would be a significant to major nor’easter and obviously season defining for anything up to this date thus far, but not historic. We’ve had too many 20+” bombs since 1992 for that to be the case.

It is cutting a bit too close of comfort there - if the GFS nails this track off a blend of the 12z/18z runs - this particular distance out - is should shut the mouths of all the NCEP model bashers. Even a track similar is quite the coup in my opinion.

As scary as it looked at 84 hours...that block in NE Quebec (associated 50/50 low) really pushes the core of the 5h height falls right over the waters to the south of SNE so the ptype issues are really not that big of a deal for most. I checked down to HFD and it looks like nearly all snow there with maybe some brief pings around 102 hours and even BOS is pretty good but could flirt with that 34-35F type BL right along the water...regardless they transition to a blizzard anyway pretty quick later on.

Its a good example of how even a little block like that can really do wonder even when the solution looks like it might want to go up the Hudson Valley or over the interior early on in the game. Its not a big block by any means like some we saw last year...but just enough of a nice high anomaly in NE Quebec thanks to the 50/50 low.

Archived