amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just point out that there are now five separate threads in the Midatlantic forum alone for this storm (albeit one of them inactive):

- Main storm thread

- Euro and GFS only thread

- Banter thread

- Obs thread

- Ji's (quickly locked) storm thread from a week ago.

Is this really necessary? I know it's meant to make following details easier, but I'm not sure having 4 tabs open in the MA forum alone does so.

You should consider changing it. While the models shifted the precip N&S yesterday, they didn't shift the 850 track south. That happened today. Right or wrong, seeing the slp track off the nc coast and be further s&e with all 12z guidance is something that cannot be overlooked or discounted.

I'm not discounting it, but I want to see more than one run before I change my forecast, because it could and in my opinion be just one bad run. If the 0Z runs aren't good then I will make a shift but until then i won't.

I fear the CWG's No storm vs Storm game will end with the star QB for team storm, NAM, throwing a last second interception to the star of team no storm, EURO.

the good news is it's coming closer to ending..

euro is the clear outlier

NAM,JMA,GGEM and GFS all give us precip

Look dude, I want snow just as much as you do, but the NAM has been terrible and you know how it likes to mirage us and then break our hearts and fold. If the other real deal models are against it, it's a good bet its wrong. GGEM and JMA? Seriously?

Mark my words, 0z tonight, NAM folds like Tony Romo in the playoffs.

Archived